At Tech Innovation Lab (Technovation) in Misk Initiatives Center (MIC), we focus on developing innovative tech and media initiatives and scale what works to cultivate a national impact for KSA. We have a dynamic and talented team that work on achieving this mission through designing and implementing programs and initiatives focusing on coding, big data analysis tools, cyber security, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things.
As the Executive Manager of Technovation you will be in charge of directing and leading traineeship programs in cooperation with leading tech innovation labs around the world while focusing on obtaining optimum efficiency and quality of operations and maximize achievement of targeted results, within the strategic direction and budget set by the CEO.
Your leadership role will involve supporting the development of the annual operational plan for the department and ensuring that goals are well understood across all teams working under your direction. Your performance will be measured in terms of your effective implementation of the strategy with timely progress towards the defined and agreed goals. Meanwhile, you will be given the authority to allocate resources consistent with strategic goals and make timely adjustments where needed.
You will be directly reporting to the CEO of MIC and work closely with him to ensure MIC values and culture are embedded consistently from top to bottom, across all teams working under your direction.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of all the Tech Innovation Lab programs, initiatives and activities focused on cloud computing, big data, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and mobile development:
- Development of the academic programming and training courses
- Development and operation of the physical lab space and equipment
- Programs to incubate ideas to turn them into projects or future companies
- Competitions and challenges to stimulate the community to put forward innovative ideas and projects
- Studies, analysis and reports on an area of relevance to the specific innovation lab
- Identify potential partners, stakeholders, sponsors to deliver the programs successful, in coordination with the Shared Service Manager
- Ensure all MIC operational protocols/policies are implemented effectively within the SBU
- Coach and mentor technovation teams to improve performance.
- Saudi national (Female or male)
- 30 to 40 Years old
- Bachelor degree with demonstrated academic achievement
- Fluent in Arabic and English (written and verbal)
- Minimum of 8+ years of senior management experience in a reputable organization, preferably in a Silicon Valley technology environment.
- Proven experience in resourcing first time entrepreneurs, helping early-stage ventures move their ideas further, faster and growing the innovation economy.
- Strong ability to form partnerships with world class organizations.
- Strong track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff
- Proven success of building a culture of self-responsibility (i.e. no micro-management)