Misk Foundation – Finance /
Overseeing and reviewing accounting records, entries, accounts reconciliation, general ledger and financial statements in ensuring its compliance with IFRS and the Foundation policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Policies and Procedures
· Prepares department annual plan and budget
· Reviews the Foundation financial policies and guidelines and provides recommendation in amending existing policies and/or formulating new policies to ensure compliance with evolving changes in regulations
· Manages the development and implementation of accounting practices in line with (IFRS) under guidance of CFO
· Implements Financial planning and control processes in line with best practices and provides tailored reporting to key executives on financial performance of the entity.
· Interfaces with IT consultants to test recent ERP software's implementation and makes sure of its alignment with the Foundation policies
2. Accounting Operations
· Reviews daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting, journal entry bookings.
· Reconciles accounts, post journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with (IFRS)
· Prepares and validates the Month-End closing process including validating accruals, journal entries and all working schedules.
· Maintains and updates a register of all fixed assets to ensure books are updated.
· Calculates fixed asset costs such as depreciation, amortization and prepare relevant reports.
· Prepares Unconsolidated and consolidated financial statements (balance sheet, statement of activity, profit and loss, cash flow, etc.)
· Ensures accurate and timely preparation, approval and payment of the Foundation’s payroll.
· Contributes to the annual budget and business forecast preparation
3. External Audit
· When and as requested, liaises with and supports internal and external auditors.
4. Team management
· Builds, leads and motivate team members
· Manages accounting team performance and conduct periodic appraisal interviews with the team and provides constructive feedback
· Shares knowledge, mentors and trains team members to develop a learning culture.
· Takes the lead on finance initiatives and supports in implementing new projects, improvements or process changes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any related field.
· Master’s degree is a plus
· Other related professional certificate (e.g. CPA, SOCPA) is a plus
· 7+ years of experience in an accounting
· 3+ years in managerial role