MIC - Community Engagement
MiSK Initiatives Center (MIC) is the entity of the foundation focusing on community engagement, talent development and incubation of programs in tech and media that can be spinned-off. MIC houses one Shared Services Center and 5 Strategic Business Units (Community Engagement, Innovation, Misk Global Forum, Fellowships, Booster).
Within MIC, the goal of the Community Engagement team is to inspire Saudi youth to excel, innovate and drive advancement towards a knowledge based society, rooted in Saudi values through online as well as offline Community Events.
As the Executive Manager of Community Engagement, you will be in charge of directing and leading community engagement initiatives to obtain optimum efficiency and quality of operations and maximize achievement of targeted results, within the strategic direction and budget set by the CEO.
Your leadership role will involve supporting the development of the annual operational plan for the department and ensuring that goals are well understood across all teams working under your direction. Your performance will be measured in terms of your effective implementation of the strategy with timely progress towards the defined and agreed goals. Meanwhile, you will be given the authority to allocate resources consistent with strategic goals and make timely adjustments where needed.
The Executive Manager of Community Engagement reports directly to the CEO of MIC and works closely with him as well as the other MIC Executive Managers to ensure MIC values and culture are embedded consistently from top to bottom, across all teams working under his/her direction.
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of all Community Engagement programs, initiatives and activities
- Identifies potential partners, stakeholders, sponsors to deliver the programs successfully
- Ensures all MIC operational protocols/policies are implemented effectively within the SBU
- Builds and coaches community engagement teams to improve performance
- Cultivates a strong and transparent working relationship with other SBUs
- Contributes to strengthening MIC’s public image through the SBUs activities
- Saudi national (Female or male)
- Fluent in Arabic and English (written and verbal)
- Education and experience
- Bachelor degree with demonstrated academic achievement from a leading university
- MBA or management courses / certifications
- Experience in delivering impact through campaigns - both online as well as offline
- At least 8 years of senior management experience in a reputable organization
- Strong track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff
- Proven success of building a culture of self-responsibility (i.e. no micro-management)
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to work as a team
- Customer Centricity (Continuous improvement)
- Stakeholder Management (Internal, External)
- Performance Orientation (Measurement, Accountability, Results)
- Great leadership abilities, especially in building high performing teams
- Exceptional communication skills