Associate Teacher , Saudi/Female, Lower Elementary
Academic – Associate Teacher
The Associate Teacher works collaboratively with teachers as they plan using effective strategies, resources and data to meet the needs of all students.
● Plan units of inquiry and lessons with classroom, ELA and SEN teachers
● Plans lessons and units within the co-curricular activities program
● Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids
● Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations
● Organize and label materials, and display students’ work in a manner appropriate for their eye levels and perceptual skills.
● Assist classroom teacher in planning and arranging the use of space for various activities in the classroom.
● Participate in the design, development, implementation and review of the curriculum
Assists teachers in planning time realistically for pacing, content coverage, and transitions
Assistance in Instructional Delivery
The Associate Teacher effectively engages students in learning.
● Facilitates learning in the form of individual and small group settings in a positive and differentiated climate of instruction
● Engages and maintains students in active learning
● Participates, when appropriate, in teacher-parent and student-led conferences regarding students’ progress or problems
● Implements lessons and activities within the co-curricular program
● Uses instructional technology to enhance student learning
● Communicates clearly and checks for understanding
● Contributes to community service and global citizenship goals
The Associate Teacher maintains a commitment to professional ethics, international mindedness, and the school’s mission; and takes responsibility for the participates in professional growth that results in enhancement of student learning.
● Participate in PD workshops that will take place on campus and abroad
● Participate in the design, development, implementation of the Programme
● Collaborates and communicates effectively within the school community to promote students’ well-being and success
● Adheres to school policies and ethical guidelines
● Incorporates learning from professional growth opportunities into practice
● Sets professional goals for improvement of knowledge and skills
● Engages in activities outside the classroom intended for school and student enhancement
Demonstrates international mindedness by respecting diversity and taking an interest in the Saudi Arabian culture and international traditions