Academic – Specialists
The Librarian will:
1. Organise the library area/maker-space,including;the physical environment;wall displays;displays of student work and necessary resources.
2. Plan and organise activities in the maker space for example robotics andcoding.
3. Catalogue and organise library resource in the Middle School and administer the library loan system.
4. Classify reading material according to reading age and subject matter.
5. Prepare supply orders for the Middle School Library for both students and staff.
6. Support teachers with classroom materials and provide extended learning materials as required.
7. Supervise students at lunch and break times.
8. Assess and report upon work completed by pupils in line with Misk Schools’ assessment policies.
9. Establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues, pupils and external agencies.
10. Encourage and develop positive attitudes in all pupils and devise strategies to promote pupil well-being as well as equality and diversity.
11. Maintain constantly high expectations of pupil behavior, in line with Misk Schools’ policy, providing pupils with a secure, safe and structured learning environment.
12. Participate in further training and professional development opportunities provided by MiskSchools.
13. Participate in the extra-curricular activities of MiskSchools.
14. Participate in parent consultations, Curriculum Reviews and Annual Reviews, asrequired.
15. Conduct the daily activity with reference to Misk Schools’policy.
16. mbed Misk Schools’ culture and ethics in all activities.
17. Collaborate with The Head of School to establish and achieve personal performance objectives.
18. Work as a team member with colleagues across the organisation.
19. Maintain the customer as the focus of all activities.
20. Work flexibly according to the needs of the organisation.
21. Innovate systems and processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Undertake additional duties as and when required by The School Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science
- A minimum of 2 years’ working in a Library/Learning Resource Centre in an educational setting
- Experience of working with young learners
· Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English (to a native speaker or near native speaker standard)
· Ability to work sensitively with people from other cultures
· Evidence of good organisational skills and ability to create and maintain stimulating, attractive and interactive learning environments.
· Ability to maintain good relationships within the school community
· Enthusiasm for working in an environment of positive change and development
· Ability to assimilate new ideas and procedures into known practice and model this to colleagues
· Ability to organise own workload and work to agreed deadlines
· Commitment to professional development
· Commitment to all aspects of the extra-curricular life of the school
· Ability to use classroom educational technology
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite and catalogue technology