Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA /
Mission Barns is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people are pioneering the future of food. We are scaling up and optimizing our process to provide sustainable, safe, and humane meat products to the world.
We are a venture-backed startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, media development, food science, bioreactor design, and more. We’re united by our collective drive to solve difficult problems, ask tough questions, and apply cutting-edge science and engineering. At Mission Barns, you’ll have the freedom to dream big and do the best work of your life.
Mission Barns is looking for a proven CPG or lifestyle brand marketer to help build our brand globally. In this role, you will be responsible for marketing strategy, building and executing an integrated marketing plan including world-class demand and lead generation, digital media, branding, and partner marketing programs to support our strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have solid CPG or lifestyle brand marketing experience and proven ability to make an immediate impact in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Full-time, exempt
- Berkeley, CA
- Full time employees enjoy medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, stock options, 401k, and ample opportunity for career advancement as the company grows.
- Set marketing strategy appropriate to strategic company goals and objectives.
- Develop and execute the demand and field marketing plan with tactics appropriate to key buyers and influencers to raise awareness and generate demand for Mission Barns products.
- Work closely with the CEO and leadership team to define corporate vision and strategy.
- Build and manage the marketing team while raising brand awareness and credibility for Mission Barns through a well-coordinated and flawlessly executed PR strategy and planning.
- Work closely to develop strategic partnerships and joint marketing activities with key partners.
- Develop and manage marketing budget, measuring and optimizing marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and demonstrate ROI.
- 10+ years marketing experience in the CPG, Lifestyle, or Life Sciences sector
- An end-to-end hybrid marketing producer/manager who can load balance between ideas and execution marketing leadership experience working for start-up/scale-out/high-growth technology or food organizations
- Demonstrable experience across key marketing disciplines, especially brand, demand generation, product marketing, and communications
- Proven track record of building and scaling marketing organizations
- Exceptional verbal communication and persuasive writing skills
- Passionate about the mission to create high-quality meat products in a better way
Full Time employees enjoy 99% coverage for medical, dental and vision benefits, pre-tax benefits, a 401K, stock options, a dog and pig friendly office, a brand new state of the art office close to 101, I-80, walking distance to public transit (BART, MUNI, SamTrans), an unlimited supply of snacks, flavored waters, coffee, tea and ample career advancement as the company grows.
Mission Barns is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.