Facilities and Maintenance Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Mission Barns is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people are pioneering the future of food. We are scaling up and optimizing our process to provide sustainable, safe, and humane meat products to the world.
We are a venture-backed startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, media development, food science, bioreactor design, and more. We’re united by our collective drive to solve difficult problems, ask tough questions, and apply cutting-edge science and engineering. At Mission Barns, you’ll have the freedom to dream big and do the best work of your life.
- Help keep the labs, pilot plant, kitchens, and facilities operating, with a focus on equipment
- Work with R&D, manufacturing, and product development teams to understand pain points and triage issues
- Help establish and execute preventative maintenance schedules
- Calibrate equipment on a regularly scheduled basis
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair problematic equipment
- Work with external vendors for maintenance and repairs when appropriate Write SOPs and develop trainings for new equipment and operations
- Assist in ordering, receiving, installing, and qualifying new equipment
- Manage common maintenance supplies inventory and ordering
- Coordinate with the hazardous waste team to prepare for chemical waste pick up
- Continuously improve processes to help the company grow
- Assist with general facility related tasks as needed
- Must be able to meet these requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engineering related degree or equivalent experience working with equipment
- Experience with tools such as voltage meters, data loggers, gas lines, vacuum systems, and power tools
- Experience with common cell culture and bioprocessing equipment is preferred (incubators, laminar flow hoods, centrifuges, autoclaves, tubing welders and sealers, etc)
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Passionate about our mission to create high-quality meat products in a better way
- Impeccable communication and organization
- Can-do attitude, happy to do anything that helps the company
- Excitement to take on new tasks and learn new things
Full Time employees enjoy 99% coverage for medical, dental and vision benefits, pre-tax benefits, a 401K, stock options, a dog and pig friendly office, a brand new state of the art office close to 101, I-80, walking distance to public transit (BART, MUNI, SamTrans), an unlimited supply of snacks, flavored waters, coffee, tea and ample career advancement as the company grows.
Mission Barns is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.