Solutions Architect (Remote OK)
Sales – Solutions Architects
Join Our Team!
Mission is currently seeking a Solutions Architect who loves technology and making a positive impact! We are a rapidly growing organization and provide great benefits and compensation.
If you are an experienced, hands-on, technology-focused engineer that can adapt quickly and operate in a fun but fast-paced environment, look no further!
As a Solutions Architect, your tasks may vary day-to-day but primarily will focus on pre-sales engineering, customer implementations, and migrations, implementation and operation automation, best-of-class support for internet applications, technical optimization and configuration, and support operations. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt seamlessly to the organization and the customers we serve, be technically savvy, and must enjoy learning new technologies!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Actively Participate in pre-sales calls requiring technical expertise as well as leading customer technology discussions
- Define customer architecture and solutions using platform-defined best practices
- Develop solution designs in support of customer requirements
- Create high-level project plans and technical estimates in support of sales team
- Participate in customer implementations and migrations as required
- Provide preliminary estimates for customer implementations, schedules (timeline), and overall planning while working with the Implementation team
- Creation of thorough specifications, plans, and activities to ensure successful customer implementations or migrations
- Provide responsible, timely, detailed status of progress and expectations
- Drive to change and constantly improve the service that is delivered to the customer with minimum disruption
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of typical project and system/customer support: planning, coordinating, hardware selection, software selection, and use, customer education and support, vendor liaison, troubleshooting, problem resolution, product evaluation, and documentation
- Ability to work natively in a mixed Windows/Linux environment and can fully comprehend and implement hybrid architectures
- Strong network configuration knowledge (Firewalls, VPN, Routers/Switches, and Load Balancers)
- Strong understanding of server High Availability (HA) across clusters and load balancers
- Clearly understands how to manage high volume networks and large traffic websites
- Solid understanding of server and database backups, kernel level system tuning, and other System Administration tasks
- Adhere to and/or set standards that allow the organization to continuously improve
- Work with all types of people and ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of individuals
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3-7 years of System Administration, Implementation, Sales Engineer experience working with multiple clients
- Excellent experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation and/or configuration toolsets
- Experience in the implementation, management, and administration of Enterprise systems tools and processes
- Complete understanding of services and solutions in order to drive customer technology calls or meetings
- Technically minded and understands a wide range of system platforms
- Clear comprehension of the overall IT infrastructure and application stack
- Ability to work in a multilingual/cultural environment
- Ability to produce and roll out processes and tools in order to improve effectiveness
- Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues that may be time sensitive
- Ability to provide high-level support for technical clients
- Experience in Bash, Perl, Ruby or Python scripting
- A clear understanding of various network topologies
- Experience with Apache, nginx, Tomcat, IIS, and varnish
- Direct experience managing MySQL and/or SQL Server
- Experience building and administering LAMP, RoR, Java, and/or ASP.NET web application environments
- Experience working with multiple Linux distributions (Ubuntu, CentOS), BSD, and Solaris
- Excellent understanding of network protocols
- Experience with DNS and LDAP
- Experience granting SSH and RDP access
- Experience with Xen Server 6+/Virtualization
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google (GCP)
- Ability to estimate effort to complete tasks and meet pre-defined objectives
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage activities
- Experience with multiple technologies and design techniques
- Excellent oral/written communication and organization skills
- AWS Associate Certification
Not Required, But Would be Helpful
- Experience working with external vendors and consulting engagements
- Experience working with interactive media agencies
- AWS Pro Certification
- Must be able to work independently and show excellent initiative
- Solid understanding of project principles and how to manage the delivery of projects
If you are ready to embark on your greatest mission yet, please apply to join us on our mission to make the impossible possible!
Benefits - Embracing Life!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with matching by Mission
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Generous Paid Time Off (FlexPTO with no accrual limits, Parental Leave, Volunteering Time Off)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Work Environment
- Snack Program
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments. Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
We believe Mission’s people are what truly sets us apart. We have hubs in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Boston that are interactive and collaborative, but we also give our employees the freedom to work remotely when they want or need to. We live by a core set of values that includes a commitment to work-life balance, with the belief that having fun and being productive can go hand in hand.
We are united by a core set of values guiding us to strive for excellence, embrace life, take ownership, practice inclusion, and foster a growth mindset. We seek out new ways to be better, do better, and serve our customers better.