Cloud Operations Engineer - AWS
Remote (Anywhere US) /
Managed Services – Managed Cloud /
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will report to the Director of Cloud Operations. As part of the multicultural and multilingual 24x7x365 Managed Cloud team, you will provide best-in-class customer support for AWS Cloud Infrastructure, including optimization and configuration of customer AWS environments.
Cloud Operations Engineers work four ten hour shifts a week or five eight hour shifts a week. This position is 100% remote.
- Perform daily system monitoring and troubleshooting for Mission customers, which includes verifying the integrity and availability of cloud infrastructure, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, live data feeds, and batch processing
- Communicate with external customers and other teams about technical issues
- Write knowledge base articles and runbooks for commonly asked questions or frequently reported issues, including root cause analysis (RCA)
- Perform changes to infrastructure outside of documented runbooks such as software upgrades
- Lead technical projects to deploy new tools or features
- Mentor Junior Cloud Operations Engineers and Service Desk Engineers
- 3+ years hands on experience managing AWS cloud workloads, especially EC2, RDS, VPC, and CloudWatch
- 3+ years of Linux System Administration experience (Linux and Windows)
- Experience managing high-volume networks and large traffic websites, including the IT infrastructure
- Experience configuring network firewalls, VPN, Routers/Switches, and Load Balancers
- Experience with web server applications (Apache, nginx, Tomcat, IIS, or varnish) and administrating web application environments (LAMP, RoR, Java, or ASP.NET)
- Experience managing and configuring DNS, CDNs, SSL and Load Balancing
- Experience automating repetitive tasks to build efficiency (Python or Bash)
- Experience with MySQL or SQL Server infrastructure
- Experience in a technical customer support role that included planning, coordinating, problem resolution, and documentation
- Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code using configuration orchestration tools (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- AWS Associate Certification
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Casual work environment
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.