Research Analyst Intern - Veteran Impact
Los Angeles, CA
The Mission Continues is a national nonprofit organization founded in 2007, we are on a mission to connect veterans with under-resourced communities. We’re empowering veterans to continue their service, while empowering communities with the talent, skills and preparedness of veterans to generate visible impact. The Mission Continues has been recognized by the Draper Richards Foundation as one of the country's most socially innovative non-profit organizations.
This summer, The Mission Continues is offering an exciting opportunity to aspiring young professionals across the country to serve with our team! Interns will be empowered to build upon their current skill set, gain leadership experience and develop a new network through our Summer Internship Program. We are looking for college-level students, or recent graduates, that are passionate about civic leadership and veteran empowerment. Have other obligations this summer (i.e. working part-time somewhere else)? Traveling to Europe for two weeks? That’s fine! We’re flexible and can discuss schedules later.
You should know that we have five core values at The Mission Continues and we expect our interns to adhere to each one this summer: Work Hard, Trust, Learn & Grow, Respect and especially, Have Fun! We want you to grow personally and professionally, but at the same time, find great joy through our mission and programs. After you serve with us, our hope is that you continue serving in your community and empower others to follow your lead!
The Research & Program Evaluation Team examines the impact that The Mission Continues has on program participants and the communities in which we operate. This team covers all aspects of survey development, data collection, analysis and reporting. This summer, the Research & Program Evaluation Team is seeking two Research Analyst Interns; one internship will be geared towards community impact, and the other will be focused on veteran impact. Both interns will help strengthen the impact of the research team by participating in the data and reporting process that will contribute to strengthening our impact in communities and veterans throughout the country. For the Research Analyst Internship - Veteran Impact position, you will report to the Research & Evaluation Analyst and this position will be based out of our Los Angeles office. This is an hourly position and you will be expected to work on a part-time basis 20 hours/week. $18-25 per hour, depending on experience.
The purpose of this internship is to advance The Mission Continues’ work impacting veterans through continued service. The successful candidate will have an interest in veteran well-being research, along with experience in program evaluation and quantitative research. The successful candidate will have some knowledge or experience in the following research areas: veteran well-being, volunteering, leadership and leadership development, or relationship building.
The ideal candidate is an advanced Bachelor's or Master’s student in statistics, psychology, public policy, sociology, social work, or related field. Quantitative research experience including data collection, analysis, and report writing is desired. The person should have strong attention to detail and is able to navigate through data to identify key patterns and actionable takeaways.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely with the Research & Evaluation team to participate in the collection, analysis, and review of research and evaluation data
- Co-write reports that will inform how we can better contribute to the program experience of veteran participants through actionable research reports
- Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals that will help inform evolving best practices in making a positive impact on veterans
- Input survey data into Qualtrics
- Contribute to spreadsheets and databases to support project activities
- Attend and support one service project with your local platoon
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Research experience including data collection, analysis, and dissemination
- Experience with navigating through data to uncover key patterns and actionable insights
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with a statistical software package, Stata preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interest in navigating research literatures on veterans, sense of purpose, belonging and connectedness, leadership and leadership development
- Experience with qualtrics is a plus
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 3/27. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.