Development Manager - East Region
New York City, NY; Washington, DC or Chicago, IL
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
We’re looking for a strong, goal-oriented fundraising professional to build and execute our ambitious regional fundraising strategy. The candidate for this role will have knowledge and experience in building effective funding relationships and partnerships with foundations and corporations. They excel at written communications and grant writing while also working face to face and by phone to develop relationships that lead to six and seven figure gifts. Reporting to the Director of Grants and Foundation Relations, the candidate for this role will be based in one of the three following cities: Chicago, IL; Washington, DC or New York City, NY. In addition to coordinating with their national Development team members, successful fundraisers will work in close coordination with the Regional Executive Director and the Vice President of Regional Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reach annual regional revenue goals by executing and building upon existing fundraising strategy.
- Research, solicit, secure, and steward Institutional donors (corporations and foundations) across regional boundaries.
- Complete all grant proposals and reports from partners sourced within the regional boundaries.
- Cold outreach including sourcing new streams of revenue and new partnerships.
- Work closely with the Regional Executive Director to align efforts to increase revenue.
- Secure program and unrestricted funding to support our mission.
- Support and assist in other activities of the Development department as needed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience or combination of education and work experience.
- Must be proficient in data entry (Salesforce), tracking, analysis, and reporting, and database/software systems.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, possess a strong attention to detail, be well organized, and be an excellent written and oral communicator.
- Collegial team player who can manage laterally and upwards, with a collaborative but clear approach
- Able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with internal and external colleagues.
- Strong history of raising six and seven figure gifts from corporations and foundations.
Must have the ability to travel, with advanced notice/planning, to cities within the United States for team and org-wide events 8-12 times per year. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required for some event dates. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by Wednesday, October 30th. Submitting a cover letter is required for this position. Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.