Advisor, Service Leadership Corps
Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, DC
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
We are currently seeking a passionate, motivated and high-energy individual to join a team of talented leaders serving as a learning facilitator and coach. The Advisor plays a critical role in empowering veterans to develop and accomplish goals centered on personal growth, connectedness and community impact. As an Advisor, you will be part of the team that facilitates a rigorous curriculum through four in-person training sessions and additional virtual meetings, while building a positive culture driven by service.
Over the course of a 6-month program, Corps members will come together for progressive components of learning and development and practical experience. You will provide individual coaching, support and mentorship to ensure Corps members successfully complete both components and graduate from the program. If you are committed to our mission of empowering veterans to serve and are motivated by facilitating learning, coaching and developing others, this is the ideal position for you! You will report to Manager, Service Leadership Corps Program and this position can be located in any of our six offices: Chicago, IL; *Houston, TX; *Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; Washington, DC; or St. Louis, MO. Preferred locations are Houston, TX and Los Angeles, CA though.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1) Coaching & Facilitation
- Advise Corps members through the training content and curriculum to support their learning and development
- Present learning goals and manage the learning experience for Corps members throughout the 6 month program.
- Facilitate core program content, including welcoming Corps members, leading four in-person sessions, and answering questions.
2) Program Administration
- Track participation and progress of Corps members; during in-person and virtual training sessions.
- Collaborate with events staff on logistics for the program.
- Based on survey data and feedback, collaborate with program leaders to make improvements to the program.
- Hold program participants accountable for achieving goals, provide reach-back support, guidance and resources throughout their time in the program.
- Provide support and guidance to Corps members following their completion of the program, in order to promote continued learning and personal growth.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Possess strong public speaking and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to deliver content to groups both in person and virtually.
- Highly capable of leading a group to achieve specific learning and program objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Committed to our mission of bringing veterans, active duty service members, and civilians together in service to improve communities.
- Strong team player who is driven by a desire to bring groups and individuals together to achieve a common goal.
Must have ability to travel to multiple sites (up to 25% of time) – including weekend travel at regular intervals to support Corps members through their onboarding, sessions and graduation from the program. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at email@example.com.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to talk further! Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.