Director, Applicant Experience
Flexible Location (Houston; Los Angeles; New York; St. Louis; Chicago; Washington, DC preferred)
The Mission Continues is a national organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities in order to develop them as community leaders. We empower veterans to continue their service and give communities access to veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues is grounded in the belief that veterans have an unwavering desire to continue serving their country, even if they can no longer do so in the military.
The Director of Applicant Experience is critical to ensuring that every veteran applicant for one of our leader programs is connected to the appropriate opportunity to serve with The Mission Continues. You will be responsible for leading the team that selects the 1,000 veteran leaders over the next three years, and many more to follow, that will fuel our growth on the ground and lead a movement of veterans and community members in service. You will also ensure that each applicant’s experience with The Mission Continues is reflective of our core values and culture and aligns with our programmatic and organizational goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop an overall selection strategy, application experience and admissions process for TMC’s leadership development programs.
- Manage a team of 2-3 Admissions Specialists, who serve as the front line communicators for prospective applicants.
- Partner closely with the Director, Programs to create ideal participant profiles for each of our leader programs, and ensure that each applicant is aligned with the program that best fits their experience and aspirations.
- Develop selection criteria, policies and procedures for our four leadership development programs, soliciting feedback from both staff and veteran applicants to constantly improve the selection process.
- Establish procedures for managing both acceptance and declination of applicants, ensuring that declined applicants can be a positive ambassador for TMC.
- Keeps relevant statistics on all aspects of selection, program participant trends and retention in order to support a data-driven strategy; prepare reports and materials to track progress and inform decision-making
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years experience in admissions/selection-specific roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience managing a team of professionals with varying degrees of experience with admissions/selected-related work
- A self-starter who can build strategy and processes with significant autonomy, good judgment, creativity and a focus on meaningful results
- A master collaborator who can work across multiple teams towards a common outcome
- Must be flexible and able to work occasional evenings and weekends, including up to 10% travel to various locations across the country
- Ability to produce dashboards and other data-centric tools that accurately convey admissions pipelines and goals
- Master’s Degree preferred
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 5/31. Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.