National Events Specialist
Position can be located in: Houston; Los Angeles; New York; St. Louis; Chicago; Washington, DC
The Mission Continues is a national organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities in order to develop them as community leaders. We empower veterans to continue their service and give communities access to veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues is grounded in the belief that veterans have an unwavering desire to continue serving their country, even if they can no longer do so in the military.
The National Events Specialist will collaborate cross-functionally with External Affairs and internal stakeholders to support the planning and execution of The Mission Continues’ national events, which are the most high-profile expression of our brand. The ideal candidate is thorough, detail-oriented, and thrives on juggling multiple demands and deadlines under pressure. They possess sound knowledge of venue and vendor research, have an eagle eye for errors, and ensures work is proofread and complete. They will also demonstrate a passion and commitment to helping veterans and communities reach their potential.
This position will report to the Director, National Events. The location for this position is flexible across our six core office locations - Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; St. Louis, MO and Houston, TX.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Research event venues and vendors
- Ensure all necessary internal and external resources are secured for event execution
- Manage event set-up, tear down, inventory and shipping processes
- Prepare check in lists, nametags, seating cards, gift bags, etc.
- Oversee premium item/swag order process
- Book event travel and track code usage
- Maintain vendor and venues database with regular updates
- Assist with departmental SOPs and event policies
- Master and utilize the events management database and ensure integrity and accuracy of the information
- Provide support to the National Events Director and National Events Manager
- Perform administrative duties and special projects as assigned
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-2 years events, meeting planning, venue management, or hospitality management experience preferred. Entry-level candidates with demonstrated interest in event planning will be considered.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects with frequent and specific deadlines and consistently follow up to ensure tasks are completed.
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service as the position is outward facing.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Excel, and willingness to master computer related systems required.
- Must be flexible and available to work outside standard business hours - evenings, weekends, on-call and/or travel, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires: constant sitting or standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs and a valid driver's license.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 6/5! Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.