Research & Evaluation Analyst
Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, DC
The Mission Continues is a national organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities in order to develop them as community leaders. We empower veterans to continue their service and give communities access to veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues is grounded in the belief that veterans have an unwavering desire to continue serving their country, even if they can no longer do so in the military.
The Mission Continues is seeking a Research & Evaluation Analyst to support the organization’s program evaluation, data analysis and research goals. This role will also have a significant cross-functional component, working with Learning & Development, Regional Directors, Program Managers, and External Affairs. We are looking for someone that is passionate about using data and research to drive positive social change. The candidate should be motivated by The Mission Continues’ goal of ensuring that the legacy of this generation of veterans is one of action, service and leadership as they contribute to strengthening resilient communities across the country.
A successful candidate will combine strong writing and data analytic skills with the ability to critically understand, manage and interpret complex datasets. Candidates should have a strong desire to learn and grow on the job. This role will report to the Manager of Research & Evaluation. The location for this position is flexible across our six core office locations - Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; St. Louis, MO and Houston, TX.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work closely across the Programs Team to gather, analyze, and report on data from our programs
- In partnership with the Research & Evaluation Manager, develop and implement regular program evaluation reports
- Maintain up-to-date tracking of key stats for The Mission Continues’ programs and partnerships, and proactively distribute this information across our teams
- With guidance, help create and/or strengthen systems for data collection, management, reporting and analysis
- Use Qualtrics and Salesforce software to manage multiple simultaneous data collection efforts
- Proactively identify and solve issues with data management, data collection and data analysis
- Support the Research & Evaluation Team’s external publications, including (but not limited to) blog posts, long-form articles, research briefs, editorials, academic papers, and conference presentations
- Partner with the Programs Team to offer data-driven insights and evidence-based recommendations to improve our programs
- Partner with the External Affairs Team to ensure that accurate and compelling data is integrated into grant proposals, fundraising materials, marketing collateral and key communications messages
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Master’s degree and 1-2 years experience of workforce experience in the research field
- Experience in quantitative analysis of large data sets using multiple methodologies; and experience cleaning and coding data
- Familiarity with program design and/or evaluation
- Assisting with the development and implementation of quantitative surveys
- Experience using one or more of the following: Qualtrics, Stata, R, SPSS
- Ability to conduct literature reviews
- A strong writer with the ability to prepare and communicate findings in a user friendly format effectively and efficiently, to diverse audiences; Meticulous with details (e.g., information submitted to funders must be detailed and thorough)
- Demonstrable time-management skills - ability to consistently meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Thrives in having open communication that prioritizes trust, respect, and honesty
- Experience engaging with diverse populations
- Military experience is a plus
- Must be flexible and able to work some evenings and weekends including up to 20% travel to various locations around the country.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 6/28! This position is exempt. Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.