Learning Management Systems Administrator
Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, DC
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
The Learning Management System Administrator is an entry level position that will be a part of the Learning and Development team. The LMS Administrator will serve as the administrator for our Learning Management System that is the platform utilized across all of our programs and internally for staff. In this role, the team member will collaborate closely with L&D managers from each of our programs to plan for hosting and managing learning for our veterans and staff in the Learning Management System. The LMS Administrator will make decisions on how to professionalize the materials in the system, create and sustain consistency, develop reports, and apply best practices of adult learning to all of these elements. The LMS Administrator will be the liaison for our organization to the LMS parent company in bringing cutting edge techniques and capabilities to our learning experiences. Additionally, this person will serve as the key point of contact for enrollment and access issues for learners with the expectation of problem solving those as they arise, and improving processes to minimize them happening in the future. In addition to a focus on administering our LMS, this person will serve as general support to the L&D team on projects that are related to the learning experience that are not directly curriculum-based. You will report to Director, Learning & Development and this position can be located in any of our six offices: Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; Washington, DC; or St. Louis, MO.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
LMS Support (70%)
• Collaborate closely with L&D managers and other teams in the organization to determine the LMS learning needs to develop a plan and processes to achieve those
• Develop informational trainings for LMS users based on their roles (i.e. learner, instructor, manager, admin, etc.)
• Serve as the administrator for the organization of our Learning Management System
• Oversee the organization of and use of multiple learning portals in the LMS
• Manage all aspects of LMS enrollment of learners, including problem solving access issues, removal of users when necessary, and archiving this information for reference
• Inform the way in which curriculum is organized, accessed, and presented based on learner experience
• Regularly identify and update content in the LMS as needed
• Research and present new features and tools to increase the professionalism and effectiveness of our LMS
• Create learning reports regularly for different programs and grouping of learners and share with the appropriate stakeholders
• Serve as the subject matter expert of the LMS for our organization, and operate as the liaison with the LMS parent company
General Support (30%)
• Support the work of the L&D team by handling special projects not specifically connected to curriculum (i.e. introduction activities, follow up mailings to participants, ordering/securing materials, preparing participant materials, etc.)
• Develop process that can support the overall efficacy of the Learning & Development Team
• Organize and maintain the content and materials utilized regularly by the Learning & Development Team
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
● An individual passionate about learners’ experience, who can translate that passion to how content is organized, shared, and displayed
● Eager to gain experience in Learning Management Systems
● Someone who can develop strong processes and project plans
● An individual who can work comfortably in the details
● Eager to try new approaches and learn from the outcomes
● Has the ability to seek out and receive feedback from multiple perspectives
● Can collaborate with multiple stakeholders at the same time
● Skillful in creating and analyzing data sets and/or reports
● Someone that is comfortable in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and who brings creativity to problem solving
● Has experience working with veterans and/or families of veterans beneficial
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 1-2 years of experience with LMS
● Exposure to e-authoring tools preferred (i.e. Storyline, Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
Must have the ability to travel, with advanced notice/planning, to cities within the United States for team and org-wide events 3-4 times per year. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required for some event dates. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.