Talent & Culture Intern
Talent & Culture
The Mission Continues is a national nonprofit organization founded in 2007, we are on a mission to connect veterans with under-resourced communities. We’re empowering veterans to continue their service while empowering communities with the talent, skills and preparedness of veterans to generate visible impact. The Mission Continues has been recognized by the Draper Richards Foundation as one of the country's most socially innovative non-profit organizations.
This summer, The Mission Continues is offering an exciting opportunity to aspiring young professionals across the country to serve with our team! Interns will be empowered to build upon their current skill set, gain leadership experience and develop a new network through our Summer Internship Program. We are looking for college-level students, or recent graduates, that are passionate about civic leadership and veteran empowerment. Have other obligations this summer (i.e. working part-time somewhere else)? Traveling to Europe for two weeks? That’s fine! We’re flexible and can discuss schedules later.
You should know that we have five core values at The Mission Continues and we expect our interns to adhere to each one this summer: Work Hard, Trust, Learn & Grow, Respect and especially, Have Fun! We want you to grow personally and professionally, but at the same time, find great joy through our mission and programs. After you serve with us, our hope is that you continue serving in your community and empower others to follow your lead!
The Talent & Culture Intern will directly assist the Talent & Culture Team with a wide range of projects related to compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, and process improvements. The responsibilities will include creating employee communications, taking ownership of the I-9 Audit and E-verify, providing support in the planning of our staff retreat and assisting with benefit & Talent operations. If you’re interested in kickstarting your career in HR and getting a closer look at how our company approaches talent operations, we’d like to meet you! You will report to the Talent Operations Manager and this position will be based out of our Houston office. This is an hourly position and you will be expected to work on a part-time basis 20 hours/week. $18-25 per hour, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate has a passion for helping people and solving problems. They are high-energy, goal-oriented, creative thinkers and willing to commit to every level of participation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work on I-9 Compliance Audit and other compliance projects
- Support 2019 Team Retreat planning; must be able to travel to team retreat July 23-25 in Chicago
- Create employee communications focusing on various topics including wellness, benefits and policy education
- Assist with the managing employee data and new hire onboarding in our HRIS system
- Assist with updating employee trainings in our Learning Management System and/or Intranet
- Assist the entire Talent Team with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Attend and support one service project with your local platoon
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A Junior or Senior completing a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing
- Highly proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel skills or Google Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in Talent & Operations
- Enjoy analytical and innovative HR solutions
- Willing to offer ideas and suggestions
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 3/27. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.