Northeast Region Intern
New York City
The Mission Continues is a national nonprofit organization founded in 2007, we are on a mission to connect veterans with under-resourced communities. We’re empowering veterans to continue their service, while empowering communities with the talent, skills and preparedness of veterans to generate visible impact. The Mission Continues has been recognized by the Draper Richards Foundation as one of the country's most socially innovative non-profit organizations.
This summer, The Mission Continues is offering an exciting opportunity to aspiring young professionals across the country to serve with our team! Interns will be empowered to build upon their current skill set, gain leadership experience and develop a new network through our Summer Internship Program. We are looking for college-level students, or recent graduates, that are passionate about civic leadership and veteran empowerment. Have other obligations this summer (i.e. working part-time somewhere else)? Traveling to Europe for two weeks? That’s fine! We’re flexible and can discuss schedules later.
You should know that we have five core values at The Mission Continues and we expect our interns to adhere to each one this summer: Work Hard, Trust, Learn & Grow, Respect and especially, Have Fun! We want you to grow personally and professionally, but at the same time, find great joy through our mission and programs. After you serve with us, our hope is that you continue serving in your community and empower others to follow your lead!
The Northeast Region currently has platoons in nine metropolitan areas (New York, New Jersey, Boston, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Puerto Rico) and 10 active operations across the region. The Executive Director manages a team of City Impact Managers and is now seeking an intern to support their efforts. During your internship, you will help strengthen their impact and expand their reach across the region. You will report to the Miami City Impact Manager and this position will be based out of our New York City office. This is an hourly position and you will be expected to work on a part-time basis 20 hours/week. $18-25 per hour, depending on experience.
In partnership with our team, you will help develop and execute strategies to amplify and scale our operations. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for working with veterans and communities, project/event management and research.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Coordinate our annual regional Platoon Leader Summit
- Help to organize and execute annual NYC 9/11 Breakfast event
- Assist regional team of City Impact Managers to build volunteer recruitment and champion strategies
- Build a regional folder of project build plans
- Assist in the execution of major campaigns to engage veterans and volunteers across the region, such as our annual 9/11 and Veteran’s Day service events
- Create event flyers and spotlight reports using Piktochart
- Attend and support one service project with your local platoon
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Is on track to receive or has obtained a Bachelor’s degree
- External relations experience, including, but not limited to, marketing, fundraising, communications/PR and graphic design
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with event/project planning
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-driven and can learn new systems and processes quickly
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other donor database systems is a plus
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! Please APPLY by 3/27. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.