Manager, Women Veterans Leadership Program
Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; St. Louis, Missouri; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, DC
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
The Women Veterans Leadership (WVL) Program Manager will play a critical role in managing TMC’s newest program, beginning with participation in the Design Phase in 2019, leading the initial Pilot Phase (1st Cohort) in 2020, and owning the iteration and improvement of the program from that point forward. The WVL Program Manager will collaborate with a passionate and experienced team of professionals on the Learning and Development and Research and Evaluation teams to create the most impactful possible programmatic experience for our women veterans. The Program Manager will partner with Learning and Development, Research and Evaluation and other internal and external partners to bring the program design to life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1. Team Leadership
- Develop management systems to deliver against programmatic goals (i.e. collect and review performance data)
- Collaborate cross-functionally and develop strong partnerships with Learning and Development, Research and Evaluation, and others internal to TMC
- Manage the program Advisor who will connect with and guide program participants through the leadership program
- Constantly demonstrate the fortitude to make difficult decisions while maintaining a focus on doing what’s right for our veterans
2. Program Strategy & Design
- Partner with our Learning and Development team to guide the program curriculum that they will design, develop and deliver
- Provide leadership and management to the process of creating best in class experiences for our program participants
- Work closely with the Research and Evaluation team to develop appropriate outcomes and metrics for program success, and make smart decisions for program growth taking those observations into account
- Work closely with other program managers to share best practices and programmatic learning that will benefit internal programs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ years of experience as a leader in the nonproﬁt, government, or private sector with experience managing a team or combination of education and work experience
- Committed to our mission of bringing veterans, active duty service members, and civilians together in service to improve communities
- A demonstrated track record as a strong leader who inspires action and is motivated by empowering a team to achieve challenging goals
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to represent The Mission Continues and the Women Veterans Leadership Program externally
- Ability to generate new and innovative approaches to solve problems, drawing from the experience and input of cross-functional teams
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general comfort with technology
- Strong team player who is driven by a desire to bring groups and individuals together to achieve a common goal
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Military service or a strong track record of service to the military community
- Experience with program development and design
- Familiarity with Salesforce and learning management systems
Must have the ability to travel to multiple cities throughout the United States. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required on program event dates, which occur on weekends at 8-week intervals throughout the year. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to talk further! Please APPLY no later than Wednesday, October 23rd! Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability benefits for all full-time team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.