Manager, Marketing Operations (Remote, Flexible Location)
Marketing & Communications /
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills, and preparedness to generate visible impact. We are investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement. Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, the Manager of Marketing Operations will be an experienced Salesforce Marketing Cloud professional, specializing in email marketing and journey management. This role is pivotal in executing sophisticated donor and volunteer journeys, to grow our network and achieve organizational revenue goals. The Manager, Marketing Operations, will manage comprehensive media plans and advertising campaigns that span digital and oversee advertising budgets associated with these campaigns.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and implement an annual digital marketing strategy and targeted multi-channel marketing programs that build profitable, long-term relationships with donors, veterans and volunteers.
- Execution of marketing automation functions such as email and text/SMS campaigns, including development of audience journeys, segmented lists, and workflows.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Mastery: Lead the design and execution of email marketing campaigns and journey management, including audience segmentation and workflow development.
- Media Vendor Collaboration: Work closely with media vendors to evaluate their offerings and provide strategic recommendations based on their capabilities.
- Own marketing dashboards and aggregate metrics for reporting and analysis post-campaign.
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Engage with various internal departments to assess their specific marketing needs. Bring this information back to the Marcom team and develop recommended campaigns that incorporate insights from brand and creative, public relations, paid digital media, traditional media, and organic social media.
- Media Plan and Advertising Campaign Management: Create, execute, and manage media plans that include both digital and traditional advertising channels, while also overseeing the associated budgets.
- Post-Campaign Analytics: Own the marketing dashboards, collating key metrics for in-depth post-campaign reporting and analysis.
- Team Management: Be responsible for the management of two team members who handle Google PPC, analytics, Google Grants, SEO, SEM, as well as our paid and organic social media strategies.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 to 4 years' experience in marketing operations, digital marketing, analytics and/or project management for a high-growth organization.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar CRM and marketing automation tools.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing channels and tools, omnichannel and inbound methodology, marketing analytics and project management.
- Experience with developing marketing plans and managing media spends.
- Experience with evaluating and purchasing advertising.
- Must be flexible and able to work occasional evenings and weekends, including up to 10% travel to various locations across the country.
Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required on some program event dates, which will occur approximately 10 percent of overall work time at various points throughout the year. Flex time is available. Other weekend work may be required to support marcom plans as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to move on uneven terrain; carry objects; sit; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate. During events, employees are expected to be able to move around a job site and carry up to 50lbs. If you require reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding.
If the above speaks to you, we are excited to learn more about you! The Mission Continues recognizes that diverse employees, veterans, and supporters are critical to our workforce and mission. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all team members are valued and can reach their full potential. We want a team that reflects our diversity, so that we can approach every mission with integrity, compassion, and authenticity. Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability benefits for all team members. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.