Director, Technology (Flexible Location)
Finance and Business Operations
Position: Director of Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Flexible Location: Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; St. Louis, MO; or Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Operating & Financial Officer
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Mission Continues is a national organization that connects veterans with under-resourced communities in order to develop them as community leaders. We empower veterans to continue their service and give communities access to veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact. Founded in 2007, The Mission Continues is grounded in the belief that veterans have an unwavering desire to continue serving their country, even if they can no longer do so in the military.
Reporting to the Chief Operating & Financial Officer, the Director of Technology will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic roadmap for how technology can enable TMC to better deliver on its mission and secure additional financial resources. This will entail forging partnerships both internally and externally to identify opportunities and meet them with forward-thinking technology solutions. This is a new position for the organization and a great opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial leader. This position will be responsible for defining and driving the overall technology strategy of the organization, will play a key role on the leadership team, and will make recommendations to senior executives on IT investments. Additional duties include:
- Partner with internal teams to understand their most important needs and enable innovative thinking in the advancement of their business initiatives, including operational and fundraising/CRM enhancements.
- Develop business cases for investment, including ownership of the technology budget and determining optimal mix of in-house staff and outsourced services in order to meet business needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams in scoping and implementation of technology initiatives.
- Support internal leaders in order to place actionable data at the fingertips of decision makers through KPI reporting at local, regional and executive levels.
- Employ best practice policies and procedures related to enterprise architecture, security, and disaster recovery.
- Lead, manage and mentor a lean Technology staff, including recommendations on the optimal personnel mix across full-time team members, part-time team members, interns and outsourced services.
- Enable Salesforce system architecture that supports the current TMC operating model, with agility to adapt and evolve with our business and mission needs.
- Collaborate with external organizations, including other non-profits and best in class technology firms to ensure TMC remains at the forefront of industry trends.
- Implement best practices and processes that promote data discipline and ensure data quality.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a dynamic leader with 10+ years of progressively responsible Information Technology experience. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Salesforce CRM, as well as skill in leading cross-functional coalitions to formulate and advance business strategy. Salesforce expertise will be necessary for short-term success, but thinking beyond the “now” will be critical. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 10+ years work experience in IT leadership or management role.
- Non-profit experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to proactively develop peer relationships with a customer-focused mentality.
- High degree of integrity and values-based leadership.
- Ability to problem solve, even with some factors unknown or elements of ambiguity.
Must have the ability to travel, with advanced notice/planning, to cities within the United States for internal and external stakeholder meetings as well as organizational events approximately 1-2 times per month. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required for some event dates. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at email@example.com.