Global Product Development – 70 - Engineering
You will be be part of a team of high performing engineers responsible for the delivery of Mitek’s core Mobile Verify identity platforms, engaged in the design, development and testing of software solutions to enhance and extend the capabilities of our next generation Tiden identity platform while ensuring the long term sustainment and migration of capabilities from Mitek’s previous generation platform. In doing so, you will be engaged in the delivery of production ready API and web-based solutions based on a technology stack including Go, gRPC, ReactJS and C#.NET all deployed to our Amazon Web Services based platform to deliver cutting edge cloud solution to be I used directly by our internal and external customers to solve key business problems for our customers.
We work in an agile environment, the culture and processes associated with these methodologies are embedded throughout the organization. This role will be working on user stories collaboratively with a team of highly qualified peers; actively engaged in evaluating implementation approaches and details of user stories as defined by a Product Owner and will be responsible for translating these stories into scalable, maintainable and testable solutions.
What you will do
- Develops estimated software solutions with the scrum team
- Designs, develops and codes software solutions according to agreed acceptance criteria
- Daily presents progress of current work with team in the daily standup
- Ensures coded tests and code coverage is maintained for coded solutions
- Designs, writes and maintains scripts for automated delivery (CI/CD)
- Delivers and maintains written technical documentation for coded solutions
- Prepares and presents coded solutions for review at end of scrum sprint
- May assist other cross-functional team, such as Cloud Operations to solve product issues
Who you are
- An engineer who knows the ropes and has great potential and ambition to grow
- Clear and concise communicator; good at setting expectations and raising issues as needed
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative
- Curiosity; able to analyse findings and suggest solutions
- Strong team-player and positive attitude
- A sense of humor to join our team of engineers who enjoy good jokes, courage to speak your mind, sharing your viewpoint and recommendations and curiosity in technology and life.
What you need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-8 years of experience as an engineer on an API or web-based platform
- Hands-on experience with Go, C#.NET or equivalent language(s)
- Experience leveraging source control systems for version management (GIT preferred)
- Exposure to test engineering and test automation practices
What would be nice
- Experience working in teams that deliver using agile methodologies
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
- Working knowledge of implementing CI/CD pipelines leveraging Jenkins or equivalent tooling
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with relational database solutions (MS-SQL, MySQL, Amazon Aurora preferred)
- Experience with NOSQL databases (MongoDB, RavenDB preferred)
- Experience with NServiceBus
- Experience with AWS Amazon Web Services
- Comfort and familiarity with writing technical documentation
- A great office location right next to Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station – travel expenses provided
- Software developers have their own state of the art laptop
- Training and development opportunities through attending events and online training capabilities
- Free served (Dutch) lunch - office restaurant available
- Take breaks with team members and play a game of table tennis or Pool
- You will work in the IT Team room and there is possibility to work in the available private offices
Mitek - (NASDAQ: MITK) - is a global cloud-technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning leader in mobile capture and identity verification software solutions. Mitek’s identity verification allows an enterprise to verify a user’s identity during a mobile transaction, enabling financial institutions, payments companies and other businesses operating in highly regulated markets to transact business safely while increasing revenue from the mobile channel. Mitek also reduces the friction in the mobile users’ experience with advanced data prefill. These innovative mobile solutions are embedded into the apps of more than 6,500 organizations globally and used by tens of millions of consumers for mobile check deposit, new account opening, insurance quoting, and more.
We have a track record of breakthrough achievements that have helped transform mobile banking and the identity verification markets. As a result, we are a NASDAQ-listed company and have grown globally at 30% annually for 5+ years, with headquarters in San Diego, CA and offices in the London, Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid and New York City.
This is a very dynamic and fast-paced work environment. A high degree of leadership and commitment are essential. We’re looking for team members that live our core values of Delivering, Learning and Caring.