Sr. Machine Learning Engineer- Voice Team, ID R&D
Global Depts – 78 - Research & Engineering - ID R&D /
Full Time /
Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
ID R&D is a biometric technology company on a mission to deliver a new generation of “zero-effort” identity verification and authentication. Our vision is a passwordless world where users don’t have to sacrifice security to gain convenience. Imagine the ability to access personal information and perform transactions simply by using your voice or face. Through the science of biometrics and advances in AI, we’re making this vision a reality.
We are growing our Team in Spain, and we are looking for a Machine Learning engineer like you!
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in Spain) or from our Barcelona office.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and challenging tasks in a highly qualified international team.
- Opportunity to contribute to the product that is used by millions of people around the world.
- An innovative, fast paced environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- A personal development: We offer access to continuous training and participation in international conferences; join our research group and experiment in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Get a compensation package that includes a highly competitive salary + bonus and many perks and benefits.
What will you do?
- Develop and optimize machine learning models for voice biometrics, voice anti-spoofing, and speaker diarization.
- Collaborate with the product management team to understand product requirements and integrate machine learning solutions.
- Conduct research on the latest trends in voice technologies and incorporate findings into our solutions.
- Work closely with the data collection team, which gathers and preprocess data for model training and testing.
- Evaluate model performance and make necessary improvements.
- Mentor junior machine learning engineers and provide guidance on best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deploy models into production.
- Maintain internal tools and libraries that are shared across the team.
What do you need to fit in this role?
- A college graduate with a BSc or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Professional skills and abilities typically associated with 3 or more years of experience in machine learning, particularly in Speech Processing / Computer Vision technologies.
- Proficient in Python and familiar with machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Demonstrated experience working with Scrum teams in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with Linux/Docker/Git.
- Experience in the speaker recognition and speech recognition areas would be a great advantage.
- Experience and wins in machine learning competitions would be an advantage.
€55,000 - €75,000 a year
We take pride in enabling career growth in an environment of innovation and teamwork. Our commitment to all Mitekians is to do meaningful work that matters. Our culture is defined by delivering our best to our customers by providing high value solutions and impactful outcomes, by continuously challenging convention, and by caring for each other through collaboration and celebrating our successes. We are committed to creating competitive, equitable compensation & benefits programs and career development opportunities.
Benefit offerings – may vary based on geographic location
Wellness: Universal, supplemental, and private healthcare plan choices based on country specifics
Financial future: retirement/pension plan contributions, MTK stock plan participation
Income protection: life event & disability coverage
Paid time off: generous annual leave, company holidays, volunteer time off
Learning: e-learning license, tuition reimbursement, hackathons
Home office setup allowance
Additional/optional benefits: pet insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Mitek. We know your time is valuable and look forward to the potential of speaking with you further!