Sr. Machine Learning Engineer - IDLiveDoc Team, ID R&D
Global Depts – 78 - Research & Engineering - ID R&D /
Full Time /
Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
We are growing our LiveDoc Team in Spain, and we are looking for a Sr. ML Engineer like you!
The LiveDoc Team is responsible for: ensuring that document liveness technology delivers accurate document liveness assessment, document layout analysis, document detection, image quality assessment. These developments and features will create the next generation technology that will ensure the continuity of our leadership in the market by bringing document liveness to the next level. Your mission will be to develop the fastest, most accurate liveness detection engine. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge deep learning models and computer vision algorithms that provide state-of-the-art performance on the critical business problem of liveness detection in documents. You will develop innovative technology to detect fraud on transactions based on a single document photo!
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in Spain) or from our Barcelona office.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and challenging tasks in a highly qualified international team.
- Opportunity to contribute to the product that is used by millions of people around the world.
- An innovative, fast paced environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- A personal development: We offer access to continuous training, participation in international conferences, joining our research reading group, and protected time for you to learn and experiment alone or in collaboration with other researchers.
- Get a compensation package that includes a highly competitive salary + bonus and many perks and benefits.
What will you do?
- Implement and optimize deep learning algorithms for a wide range of tasks: liveness detection, document detection, document analysis, image quality assessment and others.
- Contribute to all phases of the algorithm development: prototyping, design, implementation.
- Read, implement and share the newest papers in competitive and hot areas such as applied deep learning;
- Perform deep data analysis and build data-driven algorithms.
- Write documentation for your research.
- Prepare and optimize deep learning models for production: distillation, pruning, etc.
What do you need to fit in this role?
- Ph.D./MSc degree in Computer Science, applied machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, artificial intelligence, software engineering, or a relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in computer vision, machine learning, and image processing.
- Hands-on experience implementing deep learning models.
- Familiarity with reproducibility concept in machine learning.
- Excellent Python programming skills.
- Experience in one or more deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Pytorch.
- Familiarity with Linux/Docker/git/MongoDB.
- Experience with MLOPS tools: dvc/mlflow/ClearML.
- Be a Spain resident or able to relocate in a short time.
€55,000 - €75,000 a year
We take pride in enabling career growth in an environment of innovation and teamwork. Our commitment to all Mitekians is to do meaningful work that matters. Our culture is defined by delivering our best to our customers by providing high value solutions and impactful outcomes, by continuously challenging convention, and by caring for each other through collaboration and celebrating our successes. We are committed to creating competitive, equitable compensation & benefits programs and career development opportunities.
Benefit offerings – may vary based on geographic location
Wellness: Universal, supplemental, and private healthcare plan choices based on country specifics
Financial future: retirement/pension plan contributions, MTK stock plan participation
Income protection: life event & disability coverage
Paid time off: generous annual leave, company holidays, volunteer time off
Learning: e-learning license, tuition reimbursement, hackathons
Home office setup allowance
Additional/optional benefits: pet insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Mitek. We know your time is valuable and look forward to the potential of speaking with you further!