Global Depts – 76 - Research & Engineering - Deposits /
Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
You will be working in a fast paced organization driving towards ever improving use of Agile methods, like Scrum and Kanban, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, and assisting the company’s effort to move development further in the Agile direction, to deliver excellent solutions for our demanding customer service and operations requirements.
What you will do:
- Timely delivery of high-quality HTML/CSS UI under the direction of the Head of Development and Product Team
- Participate in design, documentation, development and deployment of the client side functionality
- Take pride and ownership in your teams work and the company’s success and encourage others to do the same
- Work closely with the product team to support the creation of specifications, user stories and scenarios
- Participate in project planning and estimation along with prioritization and management of tasks
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure a high level of work quality
- Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure compliance with company technical standards and contractual obligations
- You will show excitement about emerging web technologies and maintain an awareness of industry issues and trends
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Extensive experience in commercial web development
- Knowledge of responsive design methodologies and techniques
- Experience of developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Experience in working closely with a UI/UX Design team and Product team to support decision making for user interface designs
- Working knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
- Experience of using and implementing Agile/Scrum process methodologies
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience of optimizing UI application performance
What would be nice to have:
- Experience in leading teams both in the office and off shore
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding standard
- Knowledge of working with Java templating engine for decorating the view layer within MVC web applications (e.g. freemarker)
Who you are:
- Self-motivated with strong team spirit
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as ability to work within a team
- Excellent task organization skills
- Ability to communicate well, in written and verbal form, to both technical and non-technical staff
£28 - £42 an hour
We believe in equal opportunities It takes a diverse community of passionate, talented, and committed people to build a simpler, more secure way of proving identity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
If your application is successful, please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
We will check your details against the disclosure barring service
We will check your identity; address(es) match; adverse financial checks (CCJ, bankruptcy
We will request verification of all activity for 3 years prior to joining Mitek, including employment references, education references, and character references for any periods of unemployment
We take pride in enabling career growth in an environment of innovation and teamwork. Our commitment to all Mitekians is to do meaningful work that matters. Our culture is defined by delivering our best to our customers by providing high value solutions and impactful outcomes, by continuously challenging convention, and by caring for each other through collaboration and celebrating our successes. We are committed to creating competitive, equitable compensation & benefits programs and career development opportunities.
Benefit offerings – may vary based on geographic location
Wellness: Universal, supplemental, and private healthcare plan choices based on country specifics
Financial future: retirement/pension plan contributions, MTK stock plan participation
Income protection: life event & disability coverage
Paid time off: generous annual leave, company holidays, volunteer time off
Learning: e-learning license, tuition reimbursement, hackathons
Home office setup allowance
Additional/optional benefits: pet insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Mitek. We know your time is valuable and look forward to the potential of speaking with you further!