San Francisco, CA
Research & Development
We are currently looking for a passionate Data Engineer responsible for building the data platform for Mix. At Mix, we are creating a new data platform to integrate, manage, and provide data for various feature teams including analytics and data science teams. And above all, having a bit of fun along the way.
- Creating, evolving, and maintaining a data platform to scale with growth.
- Developing new data pipelines and ETL jobs for processing millions of records.
- Creating data integration, validation, and visualization tools.
- 3+ years of strong software engineering experience with Java and Python. Scala knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Presto or other MapReduce solutions.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object oriented programming.
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization, pipeline design, and development.
- Expertise with RDBMS and SQL.
- Well versed with Linux/Unix operating system, including Shell scripting.
- Creative thinker and self-starter.
- Strong communication skills.
- Distributed systems like Kafka or other data aggregation systems.
- NoSQL data-stores like DyanmoDB, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Data Infrastructure and AWS (or any other Cloud platform).
- Workflow scheduling tools like Airflow, Luigi, Pinball, Azkaban, etc.
- Stream Processing engines like Apache Flink, Apache Storm, etc.
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device.
We are located in the SOMA area of San Francisco, close to all sorts of public transportation. While we have remote team members, our SF headquarters office is stocked with healthy snacks and creative atmosphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.