Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team. They will take the lead on interaction and visual design across our web product, mobile applications, and plugins. We are looking for designers who are passionate about solving problems and telling product stories. We value designers who think about the WHY, comes up with the WHAT, and executes on the HOW.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to build a great product and an awesome company
- Infer user needs through quantitative user data and qualitative observations / research
- Hypothesize and test solutions to delight users
- Design and own the user experience across platforms
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid startup environment
- 8+ years experience building products and features for mobile and desktop (native or web)
- Passion for creating simple products that people use every day
- Humble, hard-working, with an enthusiasm for learning
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of interaction and visual design across mobile and web applications
- Experience with high-level product strategy
- Ability to empathize with different kinds of users
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skillsProficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Current on latest responsive design techniques
YOU MIGHT HAVE:
- Prior experience in a startup
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
- Experience running and consuming UX research
- Experience with branding and marketing
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
We are headquartered in the SOMA area of San Francisco, close to all sorts of public transportation. While we have remote team members, our SF headquarters office is stocked with healthy snacks and creative atmosphere.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.