Senior NLP/ML Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Research & Development
We are currently looking for an experienced senior NLP/ML Engineer with hand-on experience in natural language processing (NLP) and/or machine learning (ML) to join Mix’s Research & Development team. You will contribute to our machine learning framework and improve models that power Mix personalized discovery engine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop practical and creative solutions to challenging, open-ended problems in the areas of information retrieval, natural language processing, recommender systems and search
- Building production facing user components which heavily rely on data mining and machine learning
- Take an active part in our code reviews and collaborate on design and implementation
- Ph.D. (or M.S. with research and development experience) in Computer Science, Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning
- Minimum of 5 years experience in using ML to solve product problems
- Excellent software engineering skills with proficient knowledge in both scripting and object oriented languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala)
- Familiarity with Big Data Technology ( MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in developing and maintaining high quality software systems serving production traffic
- Hands-on experience with Spark and Java/Scala
- Familiarity with recent developments in deep learning, content discovery, personalization and recommendation algorithms
- Experience working as a part of a distributed teamStrong verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor other data scientists and engineers
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix is building the next-generation content discovery experience to:
* Cut through the noise and quickly access content that matters
* Collect and curate content into unique collections
* Discover interesting experts and build communities around your shared interests
We have a passion for making the internet feel a little bit smaller by connecting people with similar interests and topics on Mix. When you create collections, save URLs you love, and follow topics, interests or people, your feeds on Mix adapt to show you more of what you’re actually interested in, and less of what you’re not.
We are located in the SOMA area of San Francisco, close to all sorts of public transportation. While we have remote team members, our SF headquarters office is stocked with healthy snacks and creative atmosphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.