We are looking for an Android developer to join our growing team across the United States who is passionate about solving problems for people, and wants to ship performant and beautiful mobile apps that work well wherever they may be. If most or all of the following items has you thinking, “that's me,” then we would love to hear from you!
- Work with us to develop and deploy Android apps that best expresses the Mix product vision
- Help define the company’s best-practices for testing and development on the Android platform
- Has shipped software software that meets handheld device resource constraints
- 4+ years worth of experience with Java development skills
- 3+ years worth developing against Android UI standards
- Has shipped and maintained an app via Google Play within the last year
- 2+ years of experience developing client-server applications with RESTful APIs
- 6+ months experience with Kotlin
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with memory and performance profiling on Android or other platforms
- An uncanny ability to work well across product management, design, and user research teams
- Problem-solving aptitude and a learning mindset
- Experience with defining strong APIs
- Can demonstrate a breadth of software engineering fundamentals, including OOP, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Broad experience with Material Design
- Built a large scale, consumer Android application
- Greenfielded an Android app, from first byte of compiled code to Google Play
- Proficiency across the Web technology stack
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.