Front End Developer
You will be working with a stellar team of developers and data scientists to create new and exciting applications and experiences. We’re looking for as strong Front End Developer interested in creating rich web experiences on a massive scale, and doing so in a fast-moving, collaborative environment. As part part of the Mix team, you will be expected to work with a cross functional team to improve our existing Node.js application and help steer the direction of the site’s front end code.
- Implement features with designers and other developers
- Build highly visual and dynamic web pages for a variety of form factors
- Integrate with backend APIs
- 2+ years experience working with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with CSS frameworks such as SASS and LESS
- 1+ years experience writing React/Redux
- 1+ years experience writing and running tests using MochaJSFamiliarity with Express.js
- Ability to write fast, well performing client-side code
- Worked on consumer products in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong design focus and history of working with product designers and managers
- Experience with OO languages like Ruby, Python or Java
- Experience with Angular or Vue.js
- Experience with Jest and front end unit testing
- Active open-source contributions
- Experience with developing browser integrations and extensions
- Experience with developing Electron Apps
- Creative thinker and self-starter
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix is building the next-generation content discovery experience to:
* Cut through the noise and quickly access content that matters
* Collect and curate content into unique collections
* Discover interesting experts and build communities around your shared interests
We have a passion for making the internet feel a little bit smaller by connecting people with similar interests and topics on Mix. When you create collections, save URLs you love, and follow topics, interests or people, your feeds on Mix adapt to show you more of what you’re actually interested in, and less of what you’re not.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.