Product Development Engineer
Mixtiles is a fast-growing consumer startup looking for a Product Development Engineer.
We help people decorate their walls with photos of their loved ones and memories.
We generated $35M in sales in 2018, and we plan to hit at least double that in 2019.
We’re looking for someone who will play an important role in supporting the development of our physical product line. You will support the continued improvement of our current products and also be a major contributor to the success of DFM and roll out of new products.
Your work will include prototyping, analytical testing, detailed product inspections and troubleshooting new product designs and the manufacturing process.
What will you do?
- Create specifications and CAD for new parts and manufacturing processes, analyze tolerances, finalize DFM
- Define, research and select components, suppliers and manufacturing providers
- Identify and manage risk by conducting thorough risk analysis
- Design experiments to test models and finished products
- Establish flows and tools for manufacturing of new products
- Manage BOM and product configurations
- Review inspection criteria and drawings with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel
Who should you be?
- Strong attention to detail and quality with a thorough, methodical approach
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Problem solving and visual communication skills
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly in English, both verbally and written
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Design - with 5-10 years relevant experience (preferably in the consumer-goods realm)
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks), prototyping and 3D printing
- Exposure to product manufacturing: plastics and injection molded parts design preferable
- Familiarity with print, paper conversion - a plus
- Full time in Tel Aviv office
- Open to periodic work trips to the U.S and Europe (1 week every 6-8 week)