Intern, Marketing & Communication (Fall 2020)
Our Marketing and Communication Intern will be a key member of the Marketing and Communication team. You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and develop content for our digital and social media platforms. The content is meant to engage our Fellows, alumni, business partners, and those interested in MLT’s mission. Being curious and having the ability to bring ideas to the table about how best to tell MLT’s story, along with solid writing experience is imperative. Keeping on top of topics and issues important to our various constituencies is key to creating relevant content. Major initiatives will include developing social media campaigns for MLT events, as well as logging and cataloging videotaped interviews that help to tell the story of how MLT is transforming the lives of our Fellows and alumni.
This opportunity is for candidates who have strong professionalism and judgment, a great attitude, and an interest in a future full-time role in marketing and communications. We also look for people who are eager to contribute to MLT’s mission of recruiting and developing top talent for companies and top business schools.
What you'll do:
- Contribute ideas and writing content that will engage MLT constituencies on digital and social platforms
- Contribute to developing media and materials to support marketing campaigns
- Logging video footage from MLT events, to assist producers with efficiently reviewing content for the production process.
What we are looking for from you:
- You are interested in learning a ton, making an impact in the world, and taking on a lot of responsibility.
- You take working and laughing seriously.
- You can write. It would be great if you have examples or links to your work.
- You are curious and interested in refining your skills even further.
- You have a demonstrated interest in marketing, journalism, communications, or related creative field
- You have basic knowledge of WordPress, Canva, or Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and PhotoShopKnowledge of or interest in learning about the video production process
What you can expect from us:
- An hourly wage. We believe in paid internships and financially-empowered interns.
- A flexible work schedule, based on your schedule.
- A great opportunity to work and learn at the same time.
- Multiple opportunities to connect with mentors, peers, and potential future employers.
- Additional random perks and benefits related to being an MLT intern.
- Location: 7201 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 400; office within two blocks of Bethesda Metro stop on the Red Line
- Dates: We’re looking for someone to start ASAP (your schedule will drive the dates and days).
- Hours: ~15 - 20 hours per week, depending on your schedule and our team needs
Note: MLT does not offer visa sponsorship for this position.