Director - Organic Social Marketing (Remote optional)
Houston, New York, Denver /
Public Relations – PR /
MMI is looking for a passionate Social Marketing Expert to oversee our organic social efforts within our Digital Communications & Marketing Group.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes all things social, believes in the power of social media and community management to change hearts, minds, and drive sales. Has the ability to identify cultural and digital trends, conceptualize and execute content strategies, oversee community management needs, nurture/own key client relationships and interested in managing and growing the organic social capability.
Applicants should be able to think on their toes and be able to effectively manage social campaigns, including identifying optimizations, for multiple clients at one time. This role includes understanding the nature of our client’s industries and having a customer service-oriented mindset and a deep knowledge of organic social media content and conversations to supplement paid efforts. They must be a superb communicator, creative self-starter who loves running things while keeping others in the loop, and an innovative thinker.
- Lead client communication on social campaigns and deliverables within larger strategic team:
- Collaborate with team members in the overall execution of client strategy
- Initiate and lead appropriate cross-functional client meetings
- Identify opportunities for strategic AB testing and continual optimization within client accounts
- Share subject matter expertise within internal and external teams
- Manage day-to-day social channels and campaigns for multiple clients
- Managing budgets, targets, and daily optimizations with strategic support from the team
- Translate client goals and objectives into digital strategy and execution
- Ad copy creation and understanding of social creative best practices
- Own reporting and insights/recommendations for social campaigns, with a deep understanding of channel nuances e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Clubhouse, etc.
- Support organic community management campaigns as needed, which may include publishing content, moderation conversation, and engaging fans
- Identify opportunities to enhance the experience people have with brands online and improve overall business results
- Assist in gathering materials and doing research for client presentations
- Collaborate with internal practice teams including account services, data & insights, and creative on strategy and content development
- Quickly mitigate and communicate brand issues that surface in social
- Understand and adhere to FTC and agency guidelines related to the proper use of social media and appropriate disclosure practices
- Stay abreast of social platform updates, social trends, and best-in-class social media campaigns
- Advance Agency’s approach to social strategy and the practice’s overall social processes and capabilities
- Support and drive agency's social properties as needed
- Scope projects and oversee key client billing and administrative needs
- Manage and lead assigned junior team members
- Support new business efforts
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 8 years social media experience
- Minimum of 4 years Agency experience
- A keen sense of content development, and what works on social media.
- Have designed and deployed social listening projects, and analyzed data for actionable insights and intelligence
- Able to articulate effective strategic rationale and logic to help form a compelling story
- Able to craft content calendars, caption banks, and trend-jacking posts with ease
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Able to write concisely and present ideas confidently
- Able to deliver quality work independently and achieve results in a fast-paced environment
We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.