Account Service – Account Service
MMI is looking to add a highly-driven Account Director to our team with a passion and drive to understand and shape conversations between consumers and brands. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hands on, possesses a tireless work ethic and is seen and felt as a leader whom others want to follow.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of developing senior-level client relationships while consistently growing accounts. Experience with planning and executing integrated campaigns by leading and inspiring cross-functional teams (media, creative, project management, and others), to ensure delivery of extraordinary work is vital to success in this role. This includes fostering a positive team environment while instilling passion, pride and accountability in all team members.
- Build and grow positive client relationships as well as existing book of business
- Develop and present integrated strategies focused on client and end user needs
- Provide strategic marketing leadership to both client and internal teams by leveraging integrated marketing knowledge to make decisions and ongoing recommendations – client initiatives may include media (search, social, programmatic, traditional), creative, website, content, communications strategy, influencer, and more
- Proactively identify client needs and generate innovative ideas and solutions
- Ensure client work is executed in alignment with the agreed-upon strategy and is achieving the defined goals/objectives while also being profitable to MMI
- Identify and anticipate potential issues and proactively deliver solutions
- Study and stay current on client’s product, business culture, competition, target audiences as well as the marketing industry
- Direct the daily activities of the assigned account team
- Lead the collaboration with other agency departments
- Travel on occasion for in-person client meetings and work sessions
- Write thought leadership articles to be published on MMI’s blog and other industry sites
- Represent the agency at various industry functions, when necessary
- Create and sustain an encouraged learning environment for all things creative, social, digital and mobile in order to stay abreast of the latest trends, technologies and techniques
- Support Group Director’s vision of professional development by mentoring junior members of the team
- Suggest and assess emerging tools and platforms
- Identify agency work appropriate for submission in industry award competitions
- Ensure client success by integrating with cross practice functions and empowering direct reports to support client goals
- Ensure client work is compliant with agency process and deliverable standards
- Support Group Director to track the performance, professional growth and development of direct reports
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience in an agency environment
- Minimum of two years of experience effectively managing teams and inspiring them to deliver their best work
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in successfully planning and strategizing integrated campaigns, including multiple tactics
- History of successfully pitching new business opportunities to existing and potential clients
- Proven track record of building and sustaining client relationships at a senior level
- Able to write concisely and present ideas confidently
- Willingness to travel on occasion for client meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and proven ability to learn and master additional productivity software.
MMI Agency provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMI Agency complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.