General – General
The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager is to manage the acquisition and assignment of resourcing for all agency clients and projects. This individual acts as the liaison between Delivery and Recruiting as it relates to resourcing across all client work. This person is a juggler, a problem solver and a quick thinker with a level head and excellent people skills. The Resource Manager will need to have a strong understanding of the creative and engagement processes and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. This role requires a high level of patience and diplomacy in a fast-moving environment.
- Manage shared resource pool across multiple clients, projects and departments
- Monitor day-to-day resourcing needs; identify potential instances of under or over allocation of staff members and work actively with department heads to address and solve those issues
- Has a deep understanding of needs, skillsets and bandwidth across all departments
- Demonstrates an ability to provide intel and answer high-level questions about what people are working on and where/why they have time, ensure that the perceived workload of the group aligns with the data being reported
- Based on project plans provided by the project management team and input from functional leads, recommends team members to projects that match their skills and bandwidth
- Monitors utilization to ensure efficient execution of all projects. Balances workload across internal teams, freelancers and agency/vendor partners; identify potential instances of excessive or underutilization of talent and solve any potential issues
- Prepare for, drive and meaningfully contribute to resourcing meetings/discussions; identifying resourcing issues, facilitating discussions and sending action-oriented recaps that keep projects on task.
- Participate in the continued development and definition of this role including process development and technology solution discovery and utilization and skillset/talent and project leveling system.
- 5+ years of experience; preferably in an agency setting
- Preferred knowledge of advertising, production, technical and creative processes
- Solid understanding of project lifecycle and process: able to understand complex project requirements, understand briefs, and recognize potential risks and dependencies relevant to resourcing work.
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
MMI Agency provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMI Agency complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.