Director of Sales
United States /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
Modal is seeking a Director of Sales to join our team. The Director of Sales will be responsible for instrumenting and scaling our sales team, helping manage core KPIs and quarterly sales planning and forecasting. As our Sales leader focused on scaling, you will have a significant opportunity to shape the growth of our sales team, its structure, and be responsible for setting the sales strategy across the entire company, partnering with our CEO as well as leaders of our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Operations teams. The role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
As an individual, you are undaunted by joining a challenger brand. You are used to making more with less, and enjoy managing and scaling teams. You believe in the power of partnership and the importance of analytically driven sales activities. You can roll up your sleeves and get the job done yourself, by creating Salesforce reports, digging into data, and spotting trends that help us exceed our quarterly goals every time. You are excited by the opportunity to join a business that is reshaping and reinvigorating one of the most classic of transactions in American culture. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Modal, its employees, clients, and partners. You are excited to be the supercharger to this already fast and furious pit crew.
- Recruit and manage a growing group of sales professionals (AEs & SDRs)
- Help define the overall sales strategy for Modal by ensuring the team’s activities are well-instrumented with clean reporting and decisions shaped by analytical rigor
- Work closely with sales team to refine go to market motions and processes
- Work with marketing to refine marketing messages and value propositions, based on market feedback
- Ensure all sales funnels (inbound, outbound) are efficient and run with a customer-first perspective
- Help define metrics to support the company’s revenue objectives and track progress
- 3-6+ years experience as a sales leader ideally in SaaS, Technology, or Auto
- Combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required
- 4+ years experience managing & developing diverse teams to deliver on ambitious business goals
- Expertise with modern sales & marketing tools, willing to experiment to find the right solution for the job
- Deep understanding of SaaS sales models
- An analytical orientation, who makes decisions based on best available data and experience and judgment. Quantitative experiments are run as frequently as feasible.
- Experience hitting customer acquisition goals without a worldwide brand at your back
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, product, and operations teams
- Experience working on or with an executive team a plus
Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. We cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.