Director, Strategic Accounts - Texas, Northwest, SouthEast, Chicago
At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
Love helping car dealers create incredible consumer experiences on their websites and in their showrooms? At Modal, we have powered over $1B in online automotive vehicle orders for the world's largest dealer groups, banks and brands. This is accomplished using a native and transparent approach that leverages a dealership's existing website and sales team. The end result is higher gross profit, higher closing percentage, and higher retention.
The team at Modal has powered some of the most successful, cutting-edge companies in both the automotive and technology industries. This includes Oracle, Google, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo, Cox Automotive, DealerTrack, Dealer.com, CarGurus, CarsDirect, Lithia Automotive, Holman Automotive and more...
The Director, Strategic Accounts - Texas is responsible for prospecting, acquiring and serving key Modal accounts, including large dealers, dealer groups, and regional partners.
Success is measured by:
Dealer customer acquisition
Sales pipeline management
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify target accounts based on prior industry relationships and company priorities
- Acquire new dealer accounts, meeting or exceeding monthly quota targets
- Manage negotiations effectively
- Build and deepen relationships with dealers, dealer groups, and OEM's to help close and maintain business
- Proactively solicit feedback from dealer prospects and customers
- Provide feedback to Product, Customer Success, and Onboarding teams to enhance and improve Modal offerings
- Manage pipeline, partners and contacts in Salesforce
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have 3+ years of automotive software solutions sales experience & relationship building at the most senior levels of dealers and dealer groups
- Proven ability to systematically develop account plans, drive new leads, business opportunities, and close business
- Thorough knowledge of the automotive retail industry (including financing, leasing, and service and protection plan offerings)
- Knowledge of dealer tools, including CRMs, desking solutions, and websites
- High level of competency with digital technology and marketing solutions
- Startup company experience is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer first attitude
- Join a fast-growing company in a rapidly changing industry
- Leverage your experience and skill set to help shape the automotive retail future
- Opportunity to have an impact on important product and strategy decisions
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Creative, fun, fast paced culture with passionate teammates
You can sum up Modal's company culture in two words: progressive, and focused. Modal's culture is very progressive compared to most; engineers in particular are given near full autonomy to complete their projects, and Modal's flat structure means they have access to anyone, anytime, CEO included. The reason Modal can afford to give engineers such autonomy, is because Modal's culture is also very focused on businesses metrics and performance. You may be an engineer, but after working at Modal you'll know as much as an MBA about business metrics. What's more, you'll always know why you're working, because you'll be directly impacting those metrics.
Modal provides the highest level and quality of medical, dental, and vision benefits available, which is generally a Platinum level PPO. Modal offers many other benefits and perks, including: company-sponsored meals, a $200 monthly fitness stipend, flexible hours and work from home options, generous vacation, paid parental leave, company retreats and team outings, and professional development opportunities. Plus, our beautiful office is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, 2 blocks from all major public transportation: SF Muni, BART, and the TransBay terminal.