VP of Strategic Programs
San Francisco, CA
Modal provides transparent digital commerce for the world’s leading auto dealers and brands. Its products are designed to act as transparent transaction layer that fits into a merchant’s existing experience. In an industry full of automotive insiders, Modal brings an outsider’s perspective to technology and design, having led efforts at technology companies like Google, Oracle, Facebook, LendingClub and more. Modal’s investors helped start companies like Paypal, Facebook, Tesla, Lyft, SpaceX, and more.
We’re thrilled to be building the future of auto sales, we’re having a blast doing it, and we’re looking for brilliant people who are ready to roll up their sleeves with us.
We're growing rapidly and are looking for an experienced business development leader that can help lead our OEM and strategic partnership efforts.
- Obtain new customers, including car brands, consumer sites and other strategic partners.
- Partner with OEMs, banks, and large automotive retailers to offer their customers seamless online car buying experiences.
- Manage and develop proposals, including responses to RFP’s.
- Lead Modal’s efforts towards inclusion in manufacturer certification programs.
- 10 + years of experience in business development, partnership management, or similar role in the automotive industry
- 5+ years experience in a management role
- Strong understanding of the dealership vendor space and OEM procurement processes
- Experience developing and executing partnership programs with OEMs and large lenders in the automotive space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on partnerships with third-party dealership classifieds sites (preferred)
- Experience from high growth early stage company (preferred)
- Bonus points for working at companies like Autonation, Penske, Lithia, TrueCar, and Cars.com (preferred)
We offer competitive salary and stock packages and great perks including company sponsored meals, fitness plans, and the best health benefits available.