VP of Strategic Programs
San Francisco, CA
At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
- Obtain new customers, including car brands, consumer sites and other strategic partners.
- Partner with OEMs, banks, and large automotive retailers to offer their customers seamless online car buying experiences.
- Manage and develop proposals, including responses to RFP’s.
- Lead Modal’s efforts towards inclusion in manufacturer certification programs.
- 10 + years of experience in business development, partnership management, or similar role in the automotive industry
- 5+ years experience in a management role
- Strong understanding of the dealership vendor space and OEM procurement processes
- Experience developing and executing partnership programs with OEMs and large lenders in the automotive space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working on partnerships with third-party dealership classifieds sites (preferred)
- Experience from high growth early stage company (preferred)
- Bonus points for working at companies like Autonation, Penske, Lithia, TrueCar, and Cars.com (preferred)
You can sum up Modal's company culture in two words: progressive, and focused. Modal's culture is very progressive compared to most; engineers in particular are given near full autonomy to complete their projects, and Modal's flat structure means they have access to anyone, anytime, CEO included. The reason Modal can afford to give engineers such autonomy, is because Modal's culture is also very focused on businesses metrics and performance. You may be an engineer, but after working at Modal you'll know as much as an MBA about business metrics. What's more, you'll always know why you're working, because you'll be directly impacting those metrics.
Modal provides the highest level and quality of medical, dental, and vision benefits available, which is generally a Platinum level PPO. Modal offers many other benefits and perks, including: company-sponsored meals, a $200 monthly fitness stipend, flexible hours and work from home options, generous vacation, paid parental leave, company retreats and team outings, and professional development opportunities. Plus, our beautiful office is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, 2 blocks from all major public transportation: SF Muni, BART, and the TransBay terminal.