Senior Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
Modal provides transparent digital commerce for the world’s leading auto dealers and brands. Its products are designed to act as transparent transaction layer that fits into a merchant’s existing experience. In an industry full of automotive insiders, Modal brings an outsider’s perspective to technology and design, having led efforts at technology companies like Google, Oracle, Facebook, LendingClub and more. Modal’s investors helped start companies like Paypal, Facebook, Tesla, Lyft, SpaceX, and more.
We’re thrilled to be building the future of auto sales, we’re having a blast doing it, and we’re looking for brilliant people who are ready to roll up their sleeves with us.
We are growing fast and are looking for an experienced content marketer to join our team. The ideal candidate has demonstrable experience managing content creation efforts at a software startup or marketing agency. Reporting to the Head of Growth, this role will be integral in defining the company's overall marketing strategy and have a direct impact on the company's growth trajectory.
- Establish and maintain Modal's position as a thought leader in automotive retail
- Build and maintain content marketing roadmap
- Develop and maintain marketing assets to support sales and business development efforts
- Partner with customer success to tap into our customers’ enthusiasm and advocacy; tell their stories through case studies, interviews, and videos
- Create email marketing and drip campaigns
- Manage Modal's overall social media presence; create campaigns, announce new dealers, and draft articles
Experience and skills (required)
- BS degree in marketing, business administration, or other relevant field
- 5+ years experience in B2B content marketing, preferably at a high-growth software company
- Proven experience developing a range of content types to support key influencer and decision makers
- Experience building online communities and managing channel-specific follower campaigns (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with content creation tools such as Powerpoint, Adobe Suite, and Sketch
- Familiarity with HubSpot, Marketo, or other marketing automation software
Experience and skills (preferred)
- 3+ years managing content marketing efforts in automotive vendor space
- Working knowledge of Google ads (AdWords), facebook ads, LinkedIn ads
- Prior startup experience
Compensation will be based on performance and includes significant equity. We offer great perks including company sponsored meals, fitness center memberships, and the best health benefits available.
You can sum up Modal's company culture in two words: progressive, and focused. Modal's culture is very progressive compared to most; engineers in particular are given near full autonomy to complete their projects, and Modal's flat structure means they have access to anyone, anytime, CEO included. The reason Modal can afford to give engineers such autonomy, is because Modal's culture is also very focused on businesses metrics and performance. You may be an engineer, but after working at Modal you'll know as much as an MBA about business metrics. What's more, you'll always know why you're working, because you'll be directly impacting those metrics.
Modal provides the highest level and quality of medical, dental, and vision benefits available, which is generally a Platinum level PPO. Modal offers many other benefits and perks, including: company-sponsored meals, a $200 monthly fitness stipend, flexible hours and work from home options, generous vacation, paid parental leave, company retreats and team outings, and professional development opportunities. Plus, our beautiful office is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, 2 blocks from all major public transportation: SF Muni, BART, and the TransBay terminal.