United States /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
Modal is seeking an Account Executive to join our team. The Account Executive will be responsible for helping shape the future of the automotive retail industry by helping dealers create a better consumer experience for car buyers.
As an individual, you are undaunted by joining a challenger brand. You are used to making more with less, and enjoy solving problems for your customers. You believe in the power of partnership and the importance of sales activities. You can roll up your sleeves and get the job done yourself, by prospecting, qualifying, demoing, and closing customers. You are a proven sales professional who exceeds sales and activity quotas every time. You are excited by the opportunity to join a business that is reshaping and reinvigorating one of the most classic of transactions in American culture. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Modal, its employees, clients, and partners. You are excited to be the supercharger to this already fast and furious pit crew.
- Generating leads
- Meeting or exceeding sales activity targets
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients
- Negotiating contracts with prospective clients
Required skills and experience:
- Selling SaaS, Technology, and/or Auto
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets at a fast-growing startup
- Expertise with modern sales & marketing tools, willing to experiment to find the right solution for the job
- Excellent communicator and listener who isn’t afraid to knock down doors
- Experience hitting customer acquisition goals
- Proficient at Salesforce, GoogleSuite, and other similar tools
- Combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required
Bonus points for experience working with or at companies like:
- Dealership website vendors
- Automotive classifieds websites
- Automotive digital marketing vendors
- Automotive dealerships
- Captive lenders
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes both cash and equity target performance incentives.