Director of Technology
United States /
• Modal is a YC ‘16 startup based in San Francisco, and we’re hiring a Director of Program Management to own and manage high-stakes programs.
• Our SaaS business was +484% in 2020. We’ve raised $19+ million. 60+ employees. Strong cash-flow. TechCrunch coverage. Featured at CES Las Vegas.
• We build ecommerce-as-a-service for car brands like Honda, Acura, Nissan, Subaru, Infinity, Kia, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Lexus stores.
• Competitive comp package with a super positive team!
What You'll Do
- Work closely for the CTO as his chief-of-staff and right-hand-person.
- Identify high-level challenges within our company, and implement solutions using technologies, processes, and relationships.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Org (which includes development, integration, support, product teams), and build consensus for solutions.
- Support our team leaders with general management, communication, and strategic solutions so they can focus on deliverables and KPI’s.
- Represent the Engineering Org externally, liaise with non-engineering teams (Sales, Customer Success, etc), liaise with external parties (clients, vendors, car brands, etc), and cultivate relationships on behalf of the CTO.
- 8+ years of management-level experience in technology and engineering.
- Strong preference for the last 3 roles being pure management.
- Executive-level relationship, negotiation, and solutioning skills.
- Recent work experience in rapid-growth series B-or-later-stage B2B SaaS startups.
We hire fast. Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. Agencies welcome.