Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Modal provides transparent digital commerce for the world’s leading auto dealers and brands. Its products are designed to act as transparent transaction layer that fits into a merchant’s existing experience. In an industry full of automotive insiders, Modal brings an outsider’s perspective to technology and design, having led efforts at technology companies like Google, Oracle, Facebook, LendingClub and more. Modal’s investors helped start companies like Paypal, Facebook, Tesla, Lyft, SpaceX, and more.
We’re thrilled to be building the future of auto sales, we’re having a blast doing it, and we’re looking for brilliant people who are ready to roll up their sleeves with us.
We're growing rapidly and are looking for front end engineers and technical leaders to help us scale our automotive ecommerce technology.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Experience building online software for the auto industry (preferred)
- 4+ years of experience building front-end systems (preferred)
- Experience with Node.js, Unix/Linux, MySQL, Redis, AWS services (preferred)
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies as needed (preferred)