Lead Software Engineer - Integration
San Francisco, CA
Modal provides transparent digital commerce for the world’s leading auto dealers and brands. Its products are designed to act as transparent transaction layer that fits into a merchant’s existing experience. In an industry full of automotive insiders, Modal brings an outsider’s perspective to technology and design, having led efforts at technology companies like Google, Oracle, Facebook, LendingClub and more. Modal’s investors helped start companies like Paypal, Facebook, Tesla, Lyft, SpaceX, and more.
We’re thrilled to be building the future of auto sales, we’re having a blast doing it, and we’re looking for brilliant people who are ready to roll up their sleeves with us.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who will oversee the integration of Modal's ecommerce service with auto dealer websites and CRM systems, and with 3rd party services. The candidate will work alongside customer success and product managers to bring valuable customer and support feedback to the rest of the organization, and work across the engineering team to resolve challenging technical issues.
- Oversee the technical integration of Modal's service with customer websites and CRM systems, and with third party services.
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues with Modal products and partner services.
- Provide phone, chat and email assistance to customers, consultants and partners on Modal products.
- Serve as a customer point of contact for technical issue escalations and resolution.
- Work across the engineering team and with Product Management to resolve technical issues with Modal products.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proactively communicate customer status, concerns and issues to appropriate management team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing and running SQL queries.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Excellent problem solving and listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Marketing, etc.).
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
We offer competitive salary and stock packages and great perks including company sponsored meals, fitness plans, and the best health benefits available.