Director of Marketing
United States /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
Modal is seeking a Director of Marketing to join our team. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for driving all marketing channels for the entire Modal business, both across brand and demand generation. As our primary Marketing lead, you will have a significant opportunity to shape our brand direction and voice, and be responsible for setting the marketing strategy across the entire company, partnering with our CEO as well as leaders of our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Operations teams. The role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
As an individual, you are undaunted by joining a challenger brand. You are used to making more with less, and enjoy marketing in a competitive ecosystem. You believe in the power of brand and the importance of analytically driven acquisition funnels. You prefer small marketing teams rather than large ones, because of the ownership and speed of iterations. You are excited by the opportunity to join a business that is reshaping and reinvigorating one of the most classic transactions in American culture. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Modal, its employees, clients, and partners. You are excited to be the supercharger to this already fast and furious pit crew.
- Lead the overall marketing strategy for Modal by loudly evangelizing how Modal is revolutionizing eCommerce in Automotive retail.
- Define Modal’s position as an industry champion and thought leader - building content that helps our stakeholders succeed in our marketplace.
- Lead and influence the creative, design, content, communications, demand generation, product, and event marketing.
- Plan marketing activities to support brand awareness, lead generation and nurturing, qualification, and ultimately new business opportunities.
- Define metrics to support the company’s revenue objectives and track progress.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering and product management teams to align messaging that impacts the success of the company.
- Craft marketing position to both OEM partners and Dealership clients
- 3-6+ years experience as a marketing leader ideally in SaaS, Technology, or Auto
- Combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required
- 5+ years experience managing & developing diverse teams to deliver on ambitious business goals
- Expertise with modern sales & marketing tools, willing to experiment to find the right solution for the job
- Expertise in leading creative, design, content, communications, demand generation, product, and event marketing.
- Deep understanding of SaaS sales models.
- An analytical orientation, who makes decisions based on best available data and experience and judgment. Quantitative experiments are run as frequently as feasible.
- Experience hitting customer acquisition goals without a worldwide brand at your back
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, product, and operations teams
- Experience working on or with an executive team
- Proven experience developing a range of content types to support key influencer and decision-makers (testimonials, video, case studies, etc.)
Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. We cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.