VP of Business Development and Partnerships
United States /
Business Development /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
Modal is seeking a VP Business Development & Partnerships to join our team and focus on our sales efforts with OEMs and Car Brands. This role will be responsible for driving all partnership and sales efforts for the Modal business with our car brand partners and will play a critical role in our organization. You will have a significant opportunity to drive strategic growth for the business and be responsible for maintaining relationships across car brands at the highest level of the entire company. Your role would partner with our CEO and COO, as well as leaders of our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Operations teams. The role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
As an individual, you are undaunted by joining a challenger brand. You are used to making more with less, and enjoy selling in a competitive ecosystem. You believe in the power of partnership and the importance of consistency in a sales effort. You prefer small sales teams rather than large ones, because of the ownership and speed of iterations. You are excited by the opportunity to join a business that is reshaping and reinvigorating one of the most classic of transactions in American culture. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Modal, its employees, clients, and partners. You are excited to be the supercharger to this already fast and furious pit crew.
- Lead the overall sales strategy for Modal with Car brands and OEMs by focusing on their needs and how Modal can serve them
- Define Modal’s position as an industry champion and thought leader - translating what you hear from sales meetings and helping turn that into content that helps our stakeholders succeed in our marketplace.
- Maintain relationships at the highest level with all worldwide car brands
- Principally focused on engaging in new business, and working to hand over relationships to Modal Success and Marketing teams once success metrics have been clearly defined
- Being the face of the Modal brand to our partners
- 6-8+ years experience as a sales leader ideally in SaaS, Technology, or Auto
- Experience selling long sales cycle & 7 figure deals
- Combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required
- Experience with Salesforce for activity logging and pipeline management
- Expertise in helping the team build relevant content for sales efforts with OEM and Car band leaders
- Deep understanding of both traditional enterprise and SaaS sales models.
- Experience having and outperforming a quota over a multi-year period
- Experience working on or with an executive team
- Proven experience managing executive level stakeholders within prospective accounts and clients
Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. We cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.