Senior Product Manager
United States /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
Modal is seeking a hands on a Senior Product Manager to join our team. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for owning our roadmap across stakeholders (Car brand partners, car dealerships, and consumers making car-buying decisions). You’ll work closely with all departments within the organization, including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering. As Modal is a remote-first company, you’ll be paired with engineering teams across the world.
Our ideal Senior Product Manager has led eCommerce products or marketplace platforms, has extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, can apply analytical rigor to the performance of our products and features, and understands the power of simplicity in design.
As an individual, you are undaunted by joining a challenger brand. You are used to making more with less, and enjoy working collaboratively across a small team. You are excited by the opportunity to join a business that is reshaping and reinvigorating one of the most classic of transactions in American culture. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Modal, its employees, clients, and partners. You are excited to be the supercharger to this already fast and furious pit crew.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Comfort level reading API documentation
- Has built products from the ground up
- Experience working on eCommerce of B2B2C platforms
- An eye for design and a knack for Sketch or Figma
You May Be A Fit If
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- You’ve ever started or run a business before
Full-time with A+ benefits & equity option. Must be located in United States. We cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.