Sales Development Representative
United States /
Have you ever bought a car? You may have experienced a purchase path that was designed decades ago. A path that was painful, uncomfortable, never-ending and left you dreading your next car purchase.
At Modal, we are building the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, Honda Motor Company and Ally Financial. Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in automotive retail transaction volume every year, all while making buying a new car possible with just a few clicks.
As an "SDR" you’ll be navigating organizations to set qualified meetings for our Account Executives. We are looking for those who have a challenger mindset, can think on their feet, and will deliver a positive first impression on the front lines at Modal. We strive towards providing a best in class sales experience for our prospective customers, and you would be the voice of Modal on how we can help car dealers increase margins by selling cars online in the current global marketplace.
At Modal, we don’t just offer you the opportunity for this entry-level job but a clear career path in sales or adjacent departments after one full successful year in the position. We will coach, train, and certify you in sales methodology that will be the foundation for a successful career in sales.
What You'll Do:
- Contact prospective clients through cold calls and emails: 100 calls and 100 emails per day
- Qualify accounts/prospects based on set criteria: 20 meetings per month quota
- Identify prospects need, and quickly deliver a strong value proposition
- Set up meetings/calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Reschedule/follow up with prospects if meetings do not occur
What We're Looking For:
- Strong work ethic and drive
- Ability to handle rejection and persevere
- Strong communication skills
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Previous cold calling experience is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes both cash and equity target performance incentives.