Social Media Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
ModCloth is an innovative, digital-first lifestyle brand committed to inspiring personal style and helping its community of customers feel like the best version of themselves. We offer a whimsical design aesthetic featuring feminine silhouettes and bright, colorful prints. The company designs and sells its own exclusive line of apparel in a full range of sizes and carries a unique assortment of fashion and home decor from over a hundred independent designers.
We are looking for a motivated and hands on Social Media Manager to join our team. This role reports into our Marketing Director and has one direct report.
What You'll Do...
- Ideate, and execute social media strategies, guidelines, best practices, promotional campaigns and day-to-day activities while optimizing and monetizing the brand’s presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and other relevant social media platforms
- Execute social communications across all platforms (posts, videos etc.)
- Achieve/exceed defined organic growth audience goals
- Achieve/exceed sales conversion roles
- Partner cross functionally with the Integrated Marketing, Copy, Merchandising, Creative and Production teams to plan, communicate and adjust digital and social marketing tactics
- Serve as expert on competitive activity and work closely with the Director of Marketing and marketing team to stay on the cutting edge of social media trends and tools; collaborate with Facebook partners to stay ahead of platform developments and emerging trends as well as expanding in new platforms (Pinterest, TikTok, etc)
- Manage and monitor social platforms and communication to consumers on a daily basis
- Lead performance tracking and reporting, including (but not limited to) monthly, campaign and ad-hoc reports, in addition to socialization across cross-functional and leadership teams . Monitor trends and make recommendations for actions
- Effectively translate social sentiment/listening into ideas and strategy
- Serve as primary point of contact for external partners, ensuring alignment on brand objectives
- Ongoing optimization and execution of seasonal strategy by campaign, activation and/or always-on opportunities
- Set up and configuring new or existing social media platforms
- Review of all earned + branded content, copy and calendaring (inclusive of content briefing). Hands on content creation if necessary.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on strategic priorities maintain brand consistency and meet industry, legal and regulatory standards, including FTC compliance
- Manage department P&L and budget reconciliations
Who You Are...
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred
- Fashion/Luxury/cult brand experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience developing and executing social media marketing
- Successful examples of creative high-visibility campaigns which drove dramatic results
- Proven experience in growing social audience from 100k+
- Strong analytical skills. Able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Professional understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths and demographics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Fluency with analytics and SEO
- Knowledge in the KOL (influencer) landscape
- Understanding of the total digital landscape
- Strong awareness of US social media best practices and platform knowledge, understanding measurement metrics of success (engagement, acquisition, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision-making and react quickly under pressure
- Self-motivation and take initiative; can work independently on multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Full of creative ideas to build out and bring to life in your channels
- A people person, skilled at building and nurturing relationships, and balancing many priorities -- always doing so with a good attitude
- Impeccable, engaging, brand audience-specific aesthetic and writing skills