Nurse Practitioner or PA - Wellness & Longevity (Part-Time)
New York, NY
Clinical Care /
Modern Age is on a mission to add millions of years of healthy life expectancy to the world. We are the first healthcare company designed to slow down your aging. Our medical team uses the latest scientific research combined with evidence-backed treatments to proactively address the most frustrating and under diagnosed impacts of aging. We believe everyone deserves a personalized plan to reach their physical and mental peak and live healthier longer. At Modern Age, we foster proactive, preventative health strategies and we're leading the shift from reactive medicine to a more fulfilling, forward-thinking healthcare model. We opened our first two clinics in New York City in 2022 and we are backed by OAK HC/FT, GV, and Juxtapose.
We are currently seeking experienced NPs and PAs to join our team at our Flatiron or Upper East Side locations. As a Modern Age provider, you will play a key role in empowering patients who are eager to take control of their health and improve their health outcomes. We offer a unique opportunity to engage in preventative healthcare, focusing on optimizing wellness before disease occurs. This approach allows you to make a more meaningful, long-term impact on patient health and wellness. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for delivering patient care through our Aging Wellness Assessment: the most comprehensive health assessment available that uncovers the root cause of issues related to energy, sleep, brain function, immunity, weight gain, mood, skin and hair health, and more. You will work with patients to uncover the root cause of their aging related concerns by evaluating their comprehensive set of diagnostics and developing their personalized treatment plan. You will work in our luxurious, modern clinics and have ample time to get to know and care for each of your patients. You will also benefit from the work of our product development and software engineering team who build solutions to reduce the time you spend on administrative tasks so you can do more of what you love: delivering expert patient care. Our team members share their desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment that values high energy and collaborative problem solving.
We are seeking providers who have experience independently managing care for a panel of patients across primary care, GYN, metabolic health, or other specialized areas, with a strong emphasis on proactive and preventative health measures. Practical experience or advanced knowledge in hormone replacement therapy, functional medicine, lifestyle medicine is highly preferred. An active NY license is required and our team will support you in obtaining multi-state licenses to deliver virtual care to Modern Age patients in our service areas.
- Complete thorough and holistic consultations (in-person or via tele-medicine) and develop appropriate treatment plans based on customer concerns, goals and lab results.
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions such as hormone replacement therapy, supplement regimens, or in-person treatments such as vitamin injections or aesthetic procedures.
- Administer vitamin IV drips, injections, and blood draws as needed for diagnostics, according to established protocols.
- Maintain charting/clinical documentation for each customer.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on aging wellness by maintaining up to date knowledge on our products and services, and emerging therapies.
- Partner with our Chief Medical Officer to contribute to protocols for new offerings as we expand our menu to include even more categories of care.
- Partner with our Head of Clinical Operations to optimize customer experience, safety and efficiency of our offering to ensure the highest standard of care is delivered to all customers.
- Partner with Marketing to showcase the clinical expertise behind the Modern Age brand through our online presence, including website and social channels.
- 3+ years experience working in an outpatient medical setting, ideally in a private practice or start-up environment where an entrepreneurial mindset is highly valued.
- Experience prescribing or advanced knowledge of hormone replacement therapy.
- Experience or training in functional and/or lifestyle medicine concepts that can be applied to our consultation experience.
- Must be a currently licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York; other states a plus
- Must maintain yearly continued education and stay current on product and service lines
- Experience working in a multi-specialty environment a plus, along with a desire to continually expand your practice by learning new procedures and therapies.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends as required for clinic operations (schedules typically provided 1 month in advance)
At Modern Age, we believe in taking care of each other and that starts with offering our team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
-Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and disability coverage
-Pre-tax commuter, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
-20 days of Paid Time Off and 8 paid holidays
At the time of posting the compensation range for this role is between $60-$85 per hour, and will be based on several factors including experience, skills, and leveling based on interview performance. Compensation offered will be market driven at the time of offer. Total compensation may include other components such as a sign-on bonus, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered (employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible for benefits).
You can learn more about Modern Age and our team by visiting us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/modern-age. Modern Age is following local guidelines regarding COVID vaccinations and testing requirements for employees who work in our clinics, in person at our offices, or are participating in any in-person gathering (including offsites) (as defined by local law).