Staff Software Engineer
Digital Product & Technology /
Modern Age is on a mission to add millions of years of healthy life expectancy to the world. We are the first healthcare company designed to slow down your aging. Our team uses the latest technology, scientific research and evidence-backed treatments to proactively address the most frustrating and under diagnosed impacts of aging. We believe everyone deserves a personalized plan to reach their physical and mental peak and live healthier longer. Modern Age opened its first two locations in New York City in 2022 and is backed by OAK HC/FT, GV, and Juxtapose.
As a member of the Modern Age team, you will partner with world-class technologists and medical professionals to combine engaging digital experiences with one-of-a-kind clinics. To achieve our vision, Modern Age is currently seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our team. Our software engineering team will play a leading role in shaping our digital experience and technical strategy as we build our system from the ground up.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build out our aging wellness platform, which includes online and in-clinic digital experiences
- Write performant, scalable, well-designed and tested software that provides carefully crafted customer experiences
- Help us build, from scratch, our modern front-end platform and/or backend API, as well as integrations between them and other systems
- Help define the processes and engineering culture as we build out this team from the ground up
Traits and Skills
- Experience with software development using Typescript, HTML/CSS, and React for front-end, and/or Golang or Node on the back-end
- Experience with web technologies and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS providers
- Experience with designing complex systems
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with E-commerce technologies
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Our Leadership Principles
- Start with customers. Every decision we make starts with the customer and works backwards. We know that customer trust is hard to gain and easy to lose. We value thinking big and creating bold solutions to address customer needs.
- Engage in healthy debate. We pushback respectfully when we disagree with a direction/decision/plan. We make data driven arguments and aren’t defensive when challenged. We leave space for team members to voice alternative points of view.
- Be curious and inclusive. We are decisive but able to change our minds based on new information. We seek to understand alternative points of view. We are hungry to learn about new ideas. We actively solicit different perspectives. We are low ego.
- Show a bias for action. We won’t have perfect information so we make the best decisions we can and work to deliver results. We make 2-way door decisions quickly and are more considered with 1-way door decisions.
- Take smart risks. We believe smart failures with validated learning are wins. We appreciate when people say: I don’t know (but I’ll get back to you), I was wrong (and here’s what I have learned), I need help (and here is what you can do.)
- Take Care of Each Other. We set high standards for each other, but we also realize every day can’t be our best day. We earn the trust of our teammates. We make work fun. We show appreciation for our teammate’s unique perspective. We will celebrate our successes both for what they are as well as how we achieved them.
At Modern Age, we believe in taking care of each other and that starts with offering our team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
-Employer sponsored health, dental, vision and disability coverage
-Pre-tax commuter, health, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
-Paid Time Off
-Remote work opportunities
You can learn more about Modern Age and our team by visiting us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/modern-age
Modern Age is following local guidelines regarding COVID vaccinations and testing requirements for employees who work in our clinics, in person at our offices, or are participating in any in-person gathering (including offsites) (as defined by applicable law).